Home Forums WoodMart support forum updated theme changes site assestics dramatially

updated theme changes site assestics dramatially

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

alan-1340
    Participant

hi

I’ve tried to update the theme but it makes substantial changes to the look of the website and I’m hoping someone can help me update my theme without the aesthetics of my site changing so much..

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alan

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Please, confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, and switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

hi

I have the option to perform all updates on a staging site first
    so we can work on the staging site without interrupting the main site.

would you like me to give you access to the staging site?

Hello,

Yes, please provide the staging site access.

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

staging details are attached below.

Hello,

Could you please check the site admin access I cannot log in?

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

see below for updated details. I checked and it all works.

Hello,

You have added the custom code to the parent theme. You need to remove it to functions.php of the child theme and it would be saved on every update.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

can you please explain it a little clearer so it helps me understand better?

Hello,

You need to take all custom code from function.php of the parent theme and move it to the functions.php of the child theme.

If you insert custom code into the parent theme it resets after every update.

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

can you confirm that you have done this on the staging site already? And if I give you access to the main site can you do this for me on the production site?

and by moving this custom code will there be any changes to the performance or aesthetics of the site

Hello,

We have not touched your site. We take the site admin access to check the issue and detect the reason of the problem.

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

if i give you access to the main site can you fix the issue for me.

Hello,

Such service is not covered by our support. You can save functions.php of the parent theme and just update the theme, you will get the theme in its initial state.

Best Regards

alan-1340
    Participant

where can i find the lastest update of the theme in a zip file so i can manually install it on my site

Hello,

You can find the recent version of the theme in your Themeforest account > “Downloads”.

Best Regards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)