Home Forums WoodMart support forum Updates breking my CSS

Updates breking my CSS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mirage Visual
    Participant

Hi, I have been modifying the structure of posts pages and icons by CSS. Example, there was a <i> tag in particular I apply a custom style to, but in the last update the code changed to <span class=”—“>, therefore my custom CSS has broken. I wouldn’t like to disable updates on the theme as it could make it vulnerable if it can run security updates. What would you recommend to prevent these kinds of modifications in the code?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, we have changed this to improve the accessibility markup. You can read all the changes in our massive 6.0 update here https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/woodmart-update-6-0-explained/
    If you want, you can disable auto-updates by deactivating our theme in Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme license.

Kind Regards

Mirage Visual
    Participant

Is there another way to do it? Without deactivating the auto updates? Child theme would work? I don’t want my site to end at risk if a security update is not done.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no other way to do this. But we hope not to release such big and breaking changes in the future. But we still can’t guarantee that all your changes in the child theme will be always compatible since it is just impossible when doing updates.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)