Home Forums Basel support forum Updating Basel

Updating Basel

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Vansaren
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve purchased the theme in October 22 and on themeforest I’m seeing that you have unpdate to version 3.6.2 and 3.7

Usually all the time a theme is updated, I receive an alert via email but this is not case. Do you know why?
    Also, how to proceed with the update?

Ty

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

To update the theme you need download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Then just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

It’s written:

How do I upgrade a theme?

Download the latest zip file for your theme.
    Go to Appearance > Themes.
    Click the “Add New” button at the top of the page.
    Click the “Upload Theme” button at the top of the page.
    Select the zip file with the new theme version to install.
    Click the “Install Now” button.

How do I upgrade a plugin?

Download the latest zip file for your plugin.
    Go to Plugins > Add New.
    Click the “Upload Plugin” button at the top of the page.
    Select the zip file with the new plugin version to install.
    Click the “Install Now” button

what about you? I mean do I have to upload first the theme and then a zip file with the plugins if any?

Vansaren
    Participant

PS: on the mobile version I’ve a different menu, I guess a dummy/default one, how can I fix it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can update the theme with the steps you wrote.
    You can change both desktop and mobile menus in Appearance -> Menus.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

Ok, the theme has been updated, css layout it seems in order and all plugins are currently working and updated.

BUT… there’s always a but

I’m testing WC Marketplace, so far no problems, there was one related with CSS bullet points position but Wcmp team solved.

– However, since I’ve updated, when you click on the top right over the cart and the sidebar show up, and the button “checkout” it appears also the “PayPal Checkout” button that previously didn’t appear.
    A part the layout problem, by clicking on that it seems that a potential customer would be redirected directly to PayPal without calculate the shipping cost.

– Another problem, not related with the update, it’s the fact that by clicking on empty cart, the customer can not be redirected to the shop clicking on “return to shop” it’s like if an href is missing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Paypal button is added by WooCommerce Extension for PayPal express checkout. You should be to disable it in WooCommerce Checkout.

2. We just checked your empty shopping cart and “Return to shop” button works correctly for us.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

1. Done, maybe with the update the express checkout correctly appeared.

2. You are right, it seems that doesn’t works because from Firefox and Chrome, there’s only a clickable little portion of the button. Like to say that if the button is large 5 cm, only the last 0.5cm on the right of the button are clickable.
    Move your mouse from left to right and you will see is clickable only in the extreme right side.

Another thing. Try to visualize the homepage on your mobile, or just open the DOM is the same. The “shop” button placed in the second row below the slider, it’s placed without bottom margin/padding on top of the image of the same row.

Basically, when on mobile all switch as per 1 column, that image is placed directly below the “shop” button without any space.
    Is this something to fix in visual composer on in the css media?

thanks

Vansaren
    Participant

PS: The quick view of a product shows a field called “Share:” with the missing social icons, while the normal product view doesn’t shows this field.

Where to go to add the social icons in the quick view and the the “Share:” field and relative social icons also in the normal product view?

In Theme Settings/Product Page, “Show share buttons” is switched “On”.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us some screenshots for better understanding.
    You must enable share buttons you want to use in Theme Settings -> Social.

Vansaren
    Participant

Done for social thank you. Whatsup share how it works? when someone is logged from mobile and have whatsup installed?
    How to add share button for instagram?
    If you use the login credentials you will see the share buttons “align left”, to align center?

I’ve attached a screenshot about the button, hope you understand what I mean

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Whatsup share button works with an application installed only. It shares it via the app. We will consider adding a share button on Instagram if possible.
    As for the empty cart problem, you need to update the theme to the latest version.

Vansaren
    Participant

Whatsup share button works with an application installed only. It shares it via the app

Installed where, on server or on smartphone?

As for the empty cart problem, you need to update the theme to the latest version.
    Nope, as previously said it’s already updated.
    November 27, 2017 at 9:52 pm
    Ok, the theme has been updated, css layout it seems in order and all plugins are currently working and updated.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Installed on the device you are sharing the website from. So on the PC or smartphone.

In this case, you just need to update the theme to the latest version.

Vansaren
    Participant

Artem, I’ve already told you on November 27th that the theme has been already updated:

November 30th

Nope, as previously said it’s already updated.
    November 27, 2017 at 9:52 pm

November 27th

So I have to repeat that the cart problem as showed in the last reply, is always there no matter the update.

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

From our perspective, empty cart page looks normal.

Please, try to clear your browser cache.

Vansaren
    Participant

anyway now it works without touch anything since last time, so I guess was the cache.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, we have removed the screenshot.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)