Home Forums Basel support forum Upgrading to PHP 7.1

Upgrading to PHP 7.1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

nordlifeelina
    Participant

Hi,

My host tried to upgrade the site to PHP 7.1 and came bac kto me with this:

I checked out the server logs and it looks like there is a PHP fatal error on the site regarding the theme. Here is the error we see:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /www/wp-content/themes/basel/index.php on line 6

2) WP also gives me the following warning:

Your theme (Basel Child) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme.

Is this something that you can help with too?

Cheers

Elina

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. get_header is a default WordPress function and it is absolutely compatible with PHP 7.1. It means that the problem is caused by some other part of the website and not by our theme. Could you please provide us your FTP access and ask your hosting providers to enable error reporting so we can check what this issue is caused by? Also, you need to disable all additional plugins except those that required for our theme.

2. You need to update the theme to the latest version. To update the theme you need download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Then just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

Regards

nordlifeelina
    Participant

Hi,

see below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Where we can see the error now?

nordlifeelina
    Participant

Here’s what my host said (see private)

nordlifeelina
    Participant

I can’t attach my error logs here – do you have an email I could send them too?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t need error logs, we should see them live on your website to be able to fix them. Contact your hosting providers if you can’t enable this function.

nordlifeelina
    Participant

I did say it in the previous comment, in the private section.

Just letting you know that I have gone ahead and enabled WP_DEBUG, but to only report errors into the default log file location of /wp-content/debug.log. WP_DEBUG will not display errors on screen.

That’s all I can give you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, could you please check the FTP access? We can’t connect to the server now.

nordlifeelina
    Participant

hi

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Initially, you wrote about this error PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /www/wp-content/themes/basel/index.php on line 6, right?

But currently, we don’t see this error and any other errors that may be caused by PHP 7.1. There are only some PHP notices but they are thrown by the code in the child theme that was not there initially. You need to fix your custom code or remove it at all to hide these notices.

nordlifeelina
    Participant

ok thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome, contact us if you will have any additional questions or concerns.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)