Home Forums Basel support forum (urgent) Language switch to default EN in checkout page

(urgent) Language switch to default EN in checkout page

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

esthetis
    Participant

Hi,

After last updates yesterday, I see that your theme is causing a language switch in the checkout page.

We tested with different theme by using WPML.

This is an urgent bug, please check on your environment and try to fix immediately the language switch on checkout.

regards
    Pier

Hello,

Please switch the site to Basel theme in Appearance > Themes > Basel > Activate.

Then activate all the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins.

Please explain what do you mean saying about language switcher in the checkout page, provide the screen how it should be and what has been broken.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

the problem seems to be related to the following function in functions.php below in private.

As we need a slider review in homepage, we had to customize one, because you didn’t want to add this feature.

It works until last updates, but now I need your help to fix it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
    Pier

esthetis
    Participant

would you finally add this feature now, or if not please help me fix it because it is customized upon your slider

Kind regards
    Pier Serta

Hello,

We could change the code of the element in our recent updates. You need to take this new code and integrate your customization code to fix this.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

HI,

As we don’t use, we haven’t installed the slider revolution and safe SVG.

I don’t understand because we have to install these 2 plugins that will affect the site performance and load time.

Please explain a little more.

Kind regards
    Pier

esthetis
    Participant

Second:

Please let me know the exact code you changed in your recent updates, in order that we can change it in the customized code

Kind regards
    Pier

esthetis
    Participant

Hi

I have attached a video record in private, as the langugage also switch from product added to basket from the search bar.

Please check

Kind regards
    Pier Serta

esthetis
    Participant

Are you still there?

As you can see the problem is related to your theme.

I follow your instructions to install all plugins but the problem persists

Please try to fix it or contact WPML

Kind regards

Hello,

I have attached a video record in private, as the langugage also switch from product added to basket from the search bar.

Please check the issue on the Storefront theme or confirm the permit we can do it.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Hi,

Yes…please take a look on staging, credentials below

Hello,

I cannot log in, please check the credentials. So as per the video, when you add the product from the search page product is added in the default language, right?

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Hi,

Here is the right password in private.

No if you check the video, the language is first German (Deutsch), once added in German from Search bar, you click on mini cart that is still German but then if you click checkout (KASSE) it will redirect to default English checjkout instead of German chcekout page.

Hello,

I have tested adding to the cart from the search results page. I tested both on Storefront and here is the screenshot of testing on Basel https://gyazo.com/212a6f1736efecf1fc59829c21a56cb8

I have tested on Italian. As you see the product does not switch to English or any other language.

You have created the translation of the products in all the languages, however, you have not translated the content. Please check your products. Test with this product Medik8 Retinol 1 TR Cream IT once again. This product has different titles in different languages.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

HI,

Please carefully follow my steps, as the problem is lasting since 1 week.

Use Firefox on private window and follow the steps in the private video link

regards

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and check the issue, then activate one by one detecting which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Hi,

it seems that you don’t want to listen the urgent of the case and don’t want to take your time to investigate.

With the current plugins installed, I activated the sitorefront theme with mini cart ajax plugin and the problem is fixed. This mean that the problem is related in some way with your theme

esthetis
    Participant

then please investigate a little more and try to fix it.

The issue is your code alone or related with WPML, woocommerce or Visual composer

As I told you, by switching to Storefront theme and using search and mini cart plugin, the problem is fixed. This let me understand that there is some bug with your code in the mini cart (or search bar)

Hello,

I need more time for investigation. When I deactivate the plugins WPML sticky links and other not (excepting WPMPL main set) the product DE is added and shown as DE in the checkout. You can check. We need more time for checking more deeply. We will get back to you in the nearest future.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

this is urgent since last week….our customers are calling us because they see the English page in checkout and they have to manually switch language (it’s something like unsafe in the checkout and our sales are diminushing in these days)

Please try to fix immediately because it is not a minor bug to fix

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Try to edit the file wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-store-pages.php and replace this code

if (
    			! $is_admin ||
    			( 'admin.php' === $pagenow && isset( $_GET['page'] ) && 'wc-settings' === $_GET['page'] )
    		) {
    			// Translate shop page ids
    			$this->add_filter_to_get_shop_translated_page_id();
    		}

with this one

if (
    			! $is_admin || ( isset( $_POST['action'] ) && $_POST['action'] === 'woodmart_ajax_add_to_cart' ) || ( 'admin.php' === $pagenow && isset( $_GET['page'] ) && 'wc-settings' === $_GET['page'] )
    		) {
    			// Translate shop page ids
    			$this->add_filter_to_get_shop_translated_page_id();
    		}

as shown in the screenshot http://prntscr.com/pauyvg

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

esthetis
    Participant

No not fixed, the problem persist….

As the problem is related to WPML, please find solution on your side, don’t let customer test on their server.

Hello,

Please provide your FTP access to the private area.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Hi,

As I explained, the problem is not related to FTP. By switching theme the problem is fixed.

You should test your theme with WPML from your side before releasing a version with a bug.

Regards

Hello,

We are aware of the problem and we have been working on the issue with WPML developers. The code provided above should have fixed the problem. If you cannot provide FTP access you will have to wait till WPML update.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Hi,

You can check by yourself, we replaced code, but the problem persists.

FTP credentials in private

Please fix it

regards

Hello,

Please provide the route to the folder.

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

Folder ‘staging’ in public html

Hello,

We are sorry, there is a wrong class in code. It is our mistake. Please replace woodmart_ajax_add_to_cart for basel_ajax_add_to_cart http://prntscr.com/pkf39z

Best Regards

esthetis
    Participant

HI

I receive new WPML updates also WPML sticky links

Have you fixed the issue above wiht this updates?

regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)