Home Forums WoodMart support forum URGENT: site crashes with "500 internal server error"

URGENT: site crashes with "500 internal server error"

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

janice_summer
    Participant

Hi,

I had a very bad issue with the theme, that suddenly it gives a “white screen of death”.
    I can still reach the back-end, but when I want to view the website, it gets a :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

When I look at the server error log:

[Fri Mar 15 17:30:53.378473 2019] [core:error] [ AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

I had this very same issue with your theme on another server. I moved the website to a whole other server from a different provider, and it’s the same issue !

This must certainly be a major bug in the theme. I can’t use this theme like this, when it crashes every day totally.

When I deactivate all WPML plugins, the site works again.
    You advertized that your theme is fully WPML compatible, so I do not need you to say you won’t support this

My other questions were extremely brief answered, mostly with a documentation link, so I would like to have some actual in-depth support now.
    This same bug might also affect other users, as your theme claims to be WPML compatible.

Please login to the theme, and help to fix this.

janice_summer
    Participant

Hi,

Password login is changed:

Hello,

Please contact your host provider support, they will check the provided capacity and increase. The problem is caused by the limitation of the provided capacity

Best Regards

janice_summer
    Participant

*There is a serious bug in the theme, my whole site crashes with a 500 server error when using WPML. The theme advertizes that it is fully compatible with WPML, so I bought this expensive plugin also.*

_I already posted some several tickets on the Xtemos support forum, but they REFUSE to even take a look at the website and login!_

Also my previous support requests were extremely briefly answered, with the “least effort” from their part.

I am shocked that with my “white screen of death” 500 error, a total site crash of the theme in combination with WPML, that they even don’t bother to login on the website to investigate 🙁

I get the php error :

[Fri Mar 15 17:30:53.378473 2019] [core:error] [ AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

The only brief and wrong answer I got from Elise Noromit is that I have too little capacity on my server. *I already moved the website to a very powerful VPS server that has more then 5 times the recommende capacity for the theme*.
    Moreover, I contacted the hosting provider, and the “internal redirects” error is a bug in the theme in combination with WPML, and even if the internal redirects limit would be increased to 20, the error would continue, as it is an “infinite recursion loop”!

I really hoped that you would provide actual help here, by logging in the website, and doing proper investigation and debugging, as is stated in the Themeforest Item Support Policy.

Please help us asap with this issue, ad the theme is useless now, and we put a whole lot of work in it.

I don’t like to give bad review scores online about your theme, but when I made the ticket about this issue, I _specifically_ asked not to be ignored with this problem, and to actually login on the site and debug. Even with that request, that was based on other poor service tickets, *I still get treated very poorly concerning support now. I even paid for 1 year “”support”” :(*.

There is still a last step, when this major bug persists, and support is ignoring me.
    https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new

Best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, be patient and let us understand the problem first. Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not? Also, be sure that you don’t have any extra plugins installed while we checking.

Regards

janice_summer
    Participant

It’s related to your theme.
    Please login, and investigate.
    You can enable or disable plugins if you need to.
    The site is fully backupped, so go ahead.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So you checked with default theme already? When we switch to another theme it doesn’t work too. Please, check carefully first.

Thank you in advance.

janice_summer
    Participant

When I use the default theme, with a blank WPML installation, it works.

When afterwards I use your theme, and config WPML, and add translations to it, with your theme active, everything crashes.

So when deactivating WPML, the site works again. But WPML got corrupted in conjunction with your theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We now switched to the default theme. What steps should we perform to make it work? Please, provide us a step by step algorithm to reproduce the issue.

janice_summer
    Participant

Disable all WPML plugs

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Deactivated, what next?

janice_summer
    Participant

When the WPML plugins are activated, and you are in the backend and choose “preview site”, you get 500 error.

When you deactivate all WPML plugins, and “preview site”, there is no error.

So it is the combination of your theme and WPML that gives the error, even afterwards when choosing another theme, as settings and fields from your theme are in the WPML config and database.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Our theme doesn’t add any configs in the database that may break your website. So if you deactivate our theme and see the problem, then it is not caused by WoodMart. Please, contact your hosting provider to investigate the problem while our theme is deactivated. Your website doesn’t work at all with WPML and we don’t understand why you say that it is because of the theme.

janice_summer
    Participant

I hear this all the time with you guys : “It’s not the fault of our theme
    – It’s the hosting providers fault
    – it’s other plugins fault …

There is no issue at all with our hosting provder !! (For almost 4 problems I tried to get support for you falsely accuse my hosting while it is one of the best out there).

Your theme is advertized to be compatible with WPML.
    My site only crashes when I use your theme in combination with WPML.
    Woodmart add fields that WPML reads, so there is a connection between them.

Please look at the problem, and provide some REAL SUPPORT this time.

I’ve had enough of you blaming everybody else but yourself for a bug, or providing fuzzy and quick answers.

Next step is a bad review or refund ? (of course this won’t be your fault)

I don’t know what else I have to do… I don’t get real support, even for most of my other tickets.

janice_summer
    Participant

Please excuse me for my previous post, but I was desparate. Could you please delete it, as I did not mean insulting you.

I fixed it myself, by Googling: “wordpress wpml internal server error too many redirects”

I added the following code to my .htaccess, and this solved the issue (I hope permanently)

php_value memory_limit 2048M
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    php_value max_input_time 300
    php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1200
    php_value max_input_vars 499000

Have a nice weekend !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you finally sorted it out. We would like to kindly ask you to write this information on ThemeForest as your comment reply as well to prevent other customers from being confused about WPML compatibility.

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)