Home Forums WoodMart support forum Using a child theme : create it or use the one in the downloaded instal zip?

Using a child theme : create it or use the one in the downloaded instal zip?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mapsmaps
    Participant

Hey,

I’m relatively new to WP, I get the point of child themes but I’m pretty confused with one thing regarding setting one up for Woodmart.

Many articles explain how to create one (create a new directory, style.css, functions.php, etc), including an article written in 2018 and specifically targetting Woodmart. Plus, there is a link in the Woodmart documentation to the whole process.

But..

what about the zip file containing a child theme? Is it not sufficient to just install both themes (parent & child) directly from the WP interaface and just activate the child in WP>Appearance>Themes, like your 2017 tutorial video suggests?

What’s with all the extra steps mentioned in the documentation, I guess I’m missing something?

Thanks,

Maps

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you just need to follow our video tutorial and install both parent and child themes downloaded from ThemeForest. Don’t need to perform any additional steps.

Regards

mapsmaps
    Participant

Thank you !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Using a child theme : create it or use the one in the downloaded instal zip?’ is closed to new replies.