Home Forums Basel support forum Variable Product Problem

Variable Product Problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Taidgh Richards
    Participant

Hello,

I love that you have added variation product gallery! I can set up my products like you have at https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/woman/basic-knit-dress-chest/, but I need the price to change for the larger sizes. I don’t want to add images for every variation as this will slow down page loading times.

Taidgh Richards
    Participant

To better explain my issue,

A T-Shirt,

Available in sizes: Small – Large @€10, Extra Large @€15

Available in colours: Red, Blue

When the user clicks the different colours it loads a gallery of the correct photos.

So if a user clicks small & red, a gallery of just red t-shirts will load. If they click medium & red, the SAME gallery of red t-shirts will load. Not another gallery of the same photos, this avoids needing to add a lot of the same photos to a product page, thus increasing page load time significantly.

I have tried many combinations on the backend, and I have noticed that changing the order of the variations changes the function on the frontend. So whichever variation is first on the list has the highest priority and prevents other variations from working.

For example a t-shirt available in red & blue, sizes Small (€10), Medium (€10), Large (€15).
    I have my variations setup as follows:

Variation 1: Any Size -> Red -> Gallery of Red t-shirts -> €10
    Variation 2: Any Size -> Blue -> Gallery of Blue t-shirts -> €10
    Variation 3: Large -> Any colour -> No Images (as they are loaded from previous variations) -> €15

But what is happening is the images load for the correct attributes but the price doesn’t change for the large, as the the variations above it have a higher priority, and a fixed price of €10.

I hope this has made my issue clear, I can provide photos if necessary.

Regards,

Taidgh

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but it is how the WooCommerce variations work and it is not possible to change this behavior in our theme scope. It may require an additional code customization but we don’t have an instruction for this. It is out of our theme support scope.

Regards

Taidgh Richards
    Participant

Ok, I had actually achieved the effect I wanted by placing the variations in a specific order but I accidentally deleted what I had done and now can’t remember, do you have any idea in which order that would be? 🙁

So on your product page https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/woman/basic-knit-dress-chest/ you have uploaded a gallery of photos for every variation ?

Thank you,

Taidgh

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we can’t advise you in this question since we don’t know how it worked before and which order it was.

Yes, we set a gallery for each particular variation on our demo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)