Home Forums WoodMart support forum Variation image change when selecting specific attribute of more att's

Variation image change when selecting specific attribute of more att's

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

marcoxxx
    Participant

Hi Xtemos,
    I have a specific request from my customer. He wants on product detail page after clicking on any COLOR swatch to change image of variable product as is on product category page, even if there are more attributes. The problem is that now you need to select or fill all of the attributes to meet the concrete variation to change the image. Many of the products have a COLOR, SIZE, and more attributes and sometimes the image should change after selecting the size or other option too, because there are some minor changes too.
    Is there a solution to mark an attribute as “primary” (for example color) that changes the variation images? Chceck our test website to see the category page and the product detail page.
    Thank you

marcoxxx
    Participant

Just for hint, this is how it should work. It’s the same product on manufacturer’s website.
    https://shop.julius-k9.com/en/dog-harnesses/idc-powerharness/idc-powerharness.html

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but there is no such option in our theme and WooCommerce by default. It may require additional code customization or extra plugin but we don’t have an instruction for this. It is out of our theme support scope.

Regards

marcoxxx
    Participant

OK, I understand, but how is it possible that on category page it is working and on product detail page not? On product catergory page It shows only color options, and when I click on them the image changes even if the size option is not seen.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Those functions are absolutely different. On the shop page, we simply display one attribute and it is our theme’s custom function. It doesn’t allow you to add the product to the cart.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)