Home Forums WoodMart support forum Variation Image Gallery wrong images on next

Variation Image Gallery wrong images on next

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

support
    Participant

Hi,

I have just purchased your theme and I have the following issue:
    – I have added variable products which have different colors
    – Each variable has a main image and a number of additional images that are added in the “Variation image gallery”
    – In such product with 6 colors: green, blue, black, white, pink, yellow I upload
    2 Images on green (1 main and 1 in variation image gallery)
    2 images on blue (1 main and 1 in variation image gallery)
    1 image on black (main)
    1 image on white (main)
    1 image on pink (main)
    1 image on yellow (main).
    So far so good.

– On front end I click on the green color it shows me the green photo and an arrow to scroll to next photo. I click this little arrow (on the main photo) and see the correct photo (green).
    – I click on the pink color which shows me the pink photo. BUT, it still shows me the little arrow and if I click it shows the image from a different variation e.g. the green one.

Could you please check it?

Hello,

You need to add an image gallery to each variation. Pink does not have an image, that is why it shows next available.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

support
    Participant

Hi Elise,

What if I have only one image on some variations? What should I put? Just a random image?
    This is not a solution obviously.

The theme needs to be able to handle this case as it creates confusion to the end user.

On my eyes this is a software bug that needs to be addressed. So, could you please contact with your dev team and let us know?

Thanks

Hello,

The is not a theme bug, it is the way it works, you can insert the same image that you set as the main image in variation and it would work properly. There should not be empty space.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

support
    Participant

Hi,

so do you find it normal to have the following?

Blue Variation: Blue image 1 and Blue image 2
    Black Variation: Black image 1 and Black image 2
    Green Varation: Green image 1 and Blue image 1
    PInk Variation: Pink image 1 and Blue image 1
    It doesn’t make any sense to mix images. Why? Because you show which is the selected color.
    So, in green variation case you show that the green color is selected, the user views the first green-color image and then the second one is blue, while the selected color is still green.

This can only result to user confusion which in turn means poor UX and lower conversion rates.

How can you say that this is the way it works? Can’t you just reconsider this? I don’t want to be offensive but please give us a professional answer.

Supposing that one of the variations has 10 images and all the other ones have just one. Based on your logic do we need to add 10 images to all variations? That’s just chaos. Really.

Hello,

The nature of a gallery is the smoth flow of images. If a variation does not have any image in the gallery next image occupies this place.

If you have at least each image to each variation gallery and it still shows the wrong image, please clear the cahce, check again and give the product title or product URL so that we could check.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)