Home Forums Space themes support forum Varuno Theme Settings don’t all seem to work

Varuno Theme Settings don’t all seem to work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cobalt
    Participant

I’ve found that when I use the Space Dashboard > Theme Settings to disable some things, it does not seem to affect everything as it should. We have used the Basel theme for websites several times and feel quite comfortable with it, but we are excited at the prospect of another option and are giving Varuno a try. There are a lot of elements we are liking so far, but there are some issues I have been struggling with and wanted to document in hopes it will help improve the product and ensure we can rely on it.

The current example is for Theme Settings > Blog > Single Post, I try to disable the Related Posts at the bottom of my blog post since this website will probably only ever have one post, but I’m still seeing it throw the same post I am looking at as the two ‘Related Posts’ beneath the content; I tried changing the number of posts from 2 to 0 hoping it would be the/a trick, but no luck there.

Similarly, I first had this issue with enabling Catalog mode under Theme Settings > Shop; this removed the ‘Add to Cart’ buttons from my product archives throughout the site, but individual products still have the ‘Add to Cart’ button. I tried disabling the AJAX Add to Cart under Theme Settings > Single Product > Add to Cart, and that wasn’t the answer either; I removed the Cart button in the header manually. Ultimately, I am finding some success with another WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugin for now, but we have used this feature in Basel and haven’t noticed any issues yet.

I also encounter “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” often – I started writing this part because I was noticing it pretty consistently when I was deleting posts, but I just got it when trying to publish a test product to double-check that I was accurate with my description of the aforementioned Catalog Mode issues. The site still seems to work ok when I try to continue from this point, i.e. the product did get published & posts were deleted, but it’s like it doesn’t know what to do when you complete your actions.

This has all been on the Admin end – I have to build out our websites behind a Coming Soon page until I get the approval to set the website public/live.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cobalt
    Participant

Another update: I was asked to increase the font size for the navigation menus in the website header & found no matter what I set things to, it stays at Inter (14px) – until I maybe changed too much in the typography settings and now my website has a critical error that doesn’t just disappear with a refresh.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cobalt
    Participant

As an update: managing the things I’ve wanted to hide or change with Custom CSS for now & finding some success for now.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize for the delay.

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the settings on your website, please?

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)