Home Forums WoodMart support forum Very Slow Search Causing 500 Error

Very Slow Search Causing 500 Error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hollistergj
    Participant

I have a relatively large number of posts, 900.
    I can get the limited Ajax results but the “view all results” or clicking enter for a search causes a 500 error with most search terms.
    If I turn on the default theme the search works fine regardless of search term.
    The 500 error comes back as soon as woodmart is enabled.
    I have tried installing relevansi and adjusting the search.php page in the theme but still same issue.
    What are my options to use the woodmart theme without a broken search?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

hollistergj
    Participant

Still getting the 500 issue even with all but the required plugins enabled.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Have you modified any of our theme files? Please, reinstall the theme to be sure that you don’t have any files modified.

Regards

hollistergj
    Participant

I just reinstalled a fresh copy of woodmart and ONLY activated the modules associated with that theme and it is still having the same issue.
    The ajax quick results of 10 posts/pages shows up, but if you “view all results” or click enter, the search goes on forever and we get the 500 error.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to copy the file woodmart/content.php to the child theme folder and replace the following line

<?php if ( is_search() && woodmart_loop_prop( 'parts_text' ) && get_post_format() != 'gallery' ) : // Only display Excerpts for Search ?>

with this one

<?php if ( is_search() && woodmart_loop_prop( 'parts_text' ) && get_post_format() != 'gallery' && get_the_excerpt() ) : // Only display Excerpts for Search ?>

hollistergj
    Participant

That COMPLETELY handled it!!! thank you so much! The search is SUPER fast now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)