Home Forums WoodMart support forum Video in product gallery vertical size 9:16 issue

Video in product gallery vertical size 9:16 issue

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

hamster2116
    Participant

Hi, I noticed vertical videos are not supported in the product gallery – the 9:16 video is displayed as a 16:9 with black bars on each side. Is it correct, the video element does not support vertical? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hello,

We have further check this concern on our Test Site by using 9:16 YouTube Video on a Product and this is how it previews: https://snipboard.io/x6TXpk.jpg

This is the Product on which we have tried this: https://blackpearlspro.com/woodmart_support/product/amd-ryzen-5-7600x/

So, a 9:16 video seems to be appearing fine on the Product added.

Moreover, there is a Video Size option available too in the Video Option for the Product in which you an select Cover to cover up the Video Size: https://snipboard.io/7YNCRK.jpg

If you are still facing the issue in this regard on your Site, then please share your Site WP-ADMIN Login details in the Private Content field so that we can check this concern on your Site and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards.

hamster2116
    Participant

I have attached a screenshot of what I get when I add video. The video is played in 16:9 popup with black bars.

Note I use a self-hosted video, not Youtube. Due to GDPR in my country and the cookie plugin I use, I think the video will get blocked for many users who decline cookies — so I would prefer to use self hosted video only.

Regarding video options, is this a new feature? I have not yet updated to new version. I do not see this option on product page, see screenshot.

WP admin details below.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

hamster2116
    Participant

Update: I updated the theme to newest version and now I can use the new video player

It’s great except the first image in the gallery is no longer clickable/viewable – when you click on it, it plays the video. There is no way to view the first image itself. Is this intentional? Please check on the URL I provided in the private reply above. Thanks.

Hello,

As we have confirmed from the Test Site, if you have added Video on a Product then for the Featured Product Image it shows the Video button to play the Video. This is by default working at the Theme end right now.

If you are willing to show the main Product Image separately too then you can try adding it under the Product Gallery too. So, that it can be viewed separately too.

Best Regards.

hamster2116
    Participant

Is it possible to have the video in second spot in the gallery or is it first only?

Hello,

Right now, if you define Video for the Product then the first spot is taken by the Video according to default functionality and then the Gallery Images follows-up. This is how it works right now.

Best Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Ok, got it!

One more problem I have with the video: how do I get the video to show up automatically on translated product (WPML)
    I have added it to a product but it only appears on default language and requires manual edit to place it in the translated version.

Please let me know what setting in WPML do I need to change (custom fields/system fields) or is this a bug? Or do I have to open a new support topic?

To check the product page please use the access info and link I provided in earlier reply

Hello,

For this issue, please ask WPML support, they will guide you and help you accordingly and perfectly.

Best Regards.

hamster2116
    Participant

This is a compatibility issue. I opened a ticket at WPML please check it out, link added in private area below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us your FTP access so we can check what is wrong there.

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

There is a fatal error on my site, please confirm if you’ve been modifying it?

Added FTP below.

hamster2116
    Participant

I was able to reproduce the issue with WPML in a sandbox, so this is not isolated to my setup.

Do you still need access to my site?

hamster2116
    Participant

Any answer?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can fix it by applying patch # 447953. To do this, go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Patcher, find the corresponding patch and click on the “Apply” button. Let us know if it works for you.

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

I applied the patch and now can’t upload any video. I click on + Video button on product page, choose my MP4 from library, save. Update product. Then when the page reloads I can see no video got attached at all. I tried a couple of times.

I have added new site access below please check it out.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we can’t enter your dashboard now to check this on your website https://monosnap.com/file/YVVtMfzaf4vsEIjxfmM48ZIr0rb5H1

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Please try again with passwort below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we can’t access with this password too https://gyazo.com/114797f67e782a1246bd936aa19e096e

hamster2116
    Participant

I’m sorry my bad, I forgot the set you to admin – Now it should work, kindly try again to log in please. Use the credentials I provided.

I have done some more testing and have strange results.

1) Regarding video not being saved on product:
    It seems this is working now!

2) the video is still not appearing on translated version (Deutsch).
    Also I tried to edit the translation (to see if this will make the video show up) but WPML throws an error: WPML didn’t manage to translate this page.
    So in products that have videos added, I am unable to edit the translation

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to set “Copy” for this meta in WPML settings. Here is a screenshot https://monosnap.com/file/3CXZ1h0x8IARENpCq79nf4Am2341C0

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Thanks it worked. However I’m having problems adding videos to existing products on production site, it only works for newly added ones. Do you know what could be the issue?

hamster2116
    Participant

Also I have a video button on hover on every product image, is this correct?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by hamster2116. Reason: fixed image
    Attachments:

hamster2116
    Participant

regarding video not saving issue. On production site, afte I add a video and update the page, the video does not save.
    On staging site it works but I don’t know why since both are identical.
    Only difference is, on staging I was doing some troubleshooting and disabled and re-enabled all plugins, then the videos worked. I don’t understand why.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

If this option works when the plugins are turned off then it might be some conflict between one of the installed ones. Please, try to enable your plugins one by one to find which one causes this.

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Unfortunately I can’t get it to work. The video upload only works on new products. I also disabled all unrelated plugins other than WC, Woodmart, WPML, WP Rocket, Mailchimp.
    After adding video, saving and updating, the page reloads and I see no video has been added (on existing product).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We need admin access from your main website to check why it doesn’t work there.

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

added access below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems to work correctly on this website. Check this video https://monosnap.com/file/MdxWAWwLqRVevoSDdbJz8joY8OXNwC

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Ok I see that.

It seems like a strange issue – only when all plugins are disabled once it starts to work.

However, even after enabling all plugins, I could not find which one is conflicting! since it’s all working.

On my production site I still can’t have any videos on existing products. I will try out disabling/re-enabling plugins to see if that fixes the issue and update here. First time I am seeing such strange behaviour.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)