Home Forums WoodMart support forum Web speed and optimizaion suggestions

Web speed and optimizaion suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tresisimirobriga
    Participant

Hello,

Could you please make a check of our website, to give us an assessment of its performance, especially in regard to the configuration of your template. And if it is necessary to offer us some option for improvement, especially in relation to the speed of access to the display and purchase of products.

Thank you very much.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In general, our theme is already optimized and don’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you to remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or use WP Rocket for both tasks. Also, you can use GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

tresisimirobriga
    Participant

Hello,

Your suggestions seem very correct, in fact we have already tried to implement them and the result is the same, extreme slowness specifically in 2 pages (QUIENES SOMO and TIENDA), in the other 2 that are BLOG and CONTACTO the speed is correct.

It seems that the blocking occurs when the web that is accessed loads products, and in the Shop especially the slowness is extreme, I have tried modifying different parameters of the template configuration and I have not obtained anything either. The images are optimized and small in size.

If you look at the ratings in GtMetrix you will see that the page is fine, even with plugins like W3 Total Cache the ratings are better, but we still have the problem.

I am sure it is a small detail that makes everything fall apart, so I asked for help, because you think you have the knowledge and tools to find that small detail.

Thank you very much, greetings.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to do the following steps:

1. Be sure that you have deactivated all the external plugins while checking and don’t have child theme.

2. Update the theme and all the included plugins to the latest versions.

3. Disable swatches attribute to be displayed on the shop page in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Attribute swatches.

4. Go to Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce -> Product images, decrease images size for both single and catalog page and save to regenerate all thumbnails.

5. Keep plugins deactivated and send us the admin access so we can check it as well.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)