Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website Compression

Website Compression

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aRAMeoXx5
    Participant

Hi, i have some serious problemes with my website everything was working fine until yesterday when i go to google insight or gmetrix they detect that i don’t have compression activated i had my website on 2Mo now it’s like 4.5 Mo everything is activated i have gzip compression activated and all even on server side it’s activated nothing is minified or compressed can you help me with this ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In general, our theme is already optimized and doesn’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images, or other resources. So we suggest you remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or use WP Rocket for both tasks. Also, you can use the GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

aRAMeoXx5
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply i already had that my website was working just fine but now my website isn’t compressing i have gzip compressing On in w3 cache but it’s doing nothing still the same i deactivated all the plugins also the same can you check where is the problem and activate compression ?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Gzip compression is a server-side technology. If it doesn’t work on your server, you need to contact your hosting provider for help on this matter.

aRAMeoXx5
    Participant

As you can see on the picture my images are compressed and optimized but js and css are so big 🙁 how can i minify and optimize them google insight and gmetrix tell me that i dont have text compression but i have it in htaccess and on the server side it’s activated it was working fine just recently i think since wordpress update but i don’t know i tried everything and still nothing 🙁

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Most of these JS and CSS are not related to our theme. That is why we recommend you review all your plugins first. Also, use some optimization plugin like WP Rocket to minify those files.
    And we are working on our 6.0 update where we will reduce our CSS and JS files by 50%.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)