Home Forums Basel support forum Website constantly hitting server processing limit

Website constantly hitting server processing limit

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mihael
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve spent so much time on this issue and I didn’t manage to resolve it.

I’ve removed some of the heavy plugins like Slider Revolution and Page Builder (JS composer).

I’ve removed the plugins that I don’t use, the ones that I use periodically are disabled and enabled only when used, like WP Migrate DB…

Now, when I turn on the WP_DEBUG ON, the theme or woocommerce (not sure) throws warnings about “sale_price”, “regular_price” etc prices are not called correctly.
    I researched a bit and noticed that instead of e.g. “regular_price” the price should be retrieved via the method get_regular_price() or something like that, can’t remember exactly…

Anyway, honestly, this is becoming bigger issue from day to day as some of the traffic I’m paying for gets 404 or 500 error.

I discussed with DreamHost about the problem, the only thing these suckers have to say is upgrade to VPS. It makes no sense. A shared server should run a WP website with basic plugins and 100 visits a day with a breeze.

Now, I’m turning to you again; Please help.

mihael
    Participant

I’m making another comment because I forgot to check “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

Thank you

mihael
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot of stuff loaded on the homepage.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mihael
    Participant

I also see that Simple-Line-Icons.ttf is loaded although I only use FontAwesome.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

So what is a general problem of that? Errors about WooCommerce price function? Where can we see them on your website now?

Regards

mihael
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that you can just turn debugging ON on your install and see it for yourself.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We didn’t get any errors on our side.

mihael
    Participant

Also, on multiple occasions when I hit the Order button to complete the order… it throws 500 internal server error.

Please advise, optimise…I don’t know damnit. My next step will be to drop all together, switch theme and leave a nice review on yours.

I’m done for now, I guess. I don’t think that you will help much, expect asking additional questions.

Cheers

mihael
    Participant

Please note that on “dev” site the Slider Rav and WP Bakery are disabled, that’s why it doesn’t work… Also, main menu has hard coded html, you’ll need to browse manually.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us an access to your dev website and describe steps how to see an error there?

mihael
    Participant

Here’s what I get with WP_Debug ON:

Notice: Undefined index: single_product_style in /home/dh_nvhbsn/dev.noli.si/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/classes/Options.php on line 64

Notice: Undefined index: product_design in /home/dh_nvhbsn/dev.noli.si/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/classes/Options.php on line 64

Notice: ID was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/basel-child/woocommerce/single-product.php’), wc_get_template_part, load_template, require(‘/themes/basel-child/woocommerce/content-single-product.php’), do_action(‘woocommerce_single_product_summary’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_template_single_price, wc_get_template, include(‘/plugins/woocommerce/templates/single-product/price.php’), WC_Product->get_price_html, apply_filters(‘woocommerce_get_price_html’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_custom_sales_price, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please read Debugging in WordPress for more info. (This message was added in 3.0.) in /home/dh_nvhbsn/dev.noli.si/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4146

Notice: sale_price Notice: regular_price was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/basel-child/woocommerce/single-product.php’), wc_get_template_part, load_template, require(‘/themes/basel-child/woocommerce/content-single-product.php’), do_action(‘woocommerce_single_product_summary’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_template_single_price, wc_get_template, include(‘/plugins/woocommerce/templates/single-product/price.php’), WC_Product->get_price_html, apply_filters(‘woocommerce_get_price_html’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_custom_sales_price, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please read Debugging in WordPress for more info. (This message was added in 3.0.) in /home/dh_nvhbsn/dev.noli.si/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4146

Reference – this describes the issue
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/3-0-notice-regular_price-was-called-incorrectly/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin and FTP access. We can’t check anything without an access.

mihael
    Participant

Look…Thank you very much for your time and effort, but you’re wasting mine.
    I listed the errors above, they obviously point out that the template is not properly coded. Another indicator is that sidebar sometimes doesn’t load and as far as I can tell, sometimes Ajax gets cut off, is not handled properly or who knows… I’ll just move on, leave a review on Themeforest to express my frustration and we can move on with our lives.
    Have a nice day.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The point is that there are no such errors in our theme. It used on ~4000 websites of our customers and they didn’t face such errors. And we are trying to help you solve this.
    As for the ajax issue, it was discussed in another topic and is already solved, right? It is just because of too many products shown on your shop page. You wrote that this problem is solved and you don’t have any additional questions.

So the current problem is with these errors, right? We just need your website access so we could at least take a look.

mihael
    Participant

Reducing the number of displayed product just helped to speed up the loading time a bit, that’s logical and expected, of course. Less things you load, it will load faster.
    But the issues remained.

I wrote the review, to share my experience and I’m done working with you.
    Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But you didn’t say about the issue anymore. How can we help if you say that you solved the issue on your own?

We always tried to answer your questions asap and always tried to help you. Your website looks very nice and it seems that our theme in most cases works well for you except a few problems that we are trying to help you to solve. And we got 1-star review. Please, give us an opportunity to solve this situation since we really want to help you and to avoid these errors for other websites.

mihael
    Participant

Have a look at this… Google Speed Test got 500 server error when requesting homepage…

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, but we see the different result when testing it. Try to retest it again.

mihael
    Participant

I’m working on the website to optimise it as we speak.
    It might be that this is the reason.
    However, as I also already mentioned, you can not try it once and see the problems…The issues don’t show regularly, but you need to browse the website for a while to show…

Anyway, here’s another one from Google…See screenshot.

Attachments:

mihael
    Participant

I’ve also just added WP Disable plugin to disable unnecessary things loading…
    This… https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-disable/

I managed to impact the loading time by optimising stuff, but as you can see from my previous message, on random basis things do not load and cause the website to malfunction.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Firstly, if you see some errors periodically, it may also caused by your hosting server. It in general, it works correctly, then there are no any errors with the theme. In case if the theme is coded not properly, your website will not work at all. If you just see 500 Internal Server Errors sometimes then you need to check your server logs and see why it wasn’t working on that time.

As for the CSS error from the pagespeed, all themes on Themeforest without exception will have this notice from google pagespeed and here is why. To render your web page properly, you need to include main CSS files in the header. If you will move them to the footer, your visitors will see plain HTML code without styles for 1-2 seconds and would be a disaster for your bounce rate. We don’t know why this tool tells you that it is an error, but you can check any theme on ThemeForest and you will always see it. As a proof, check the report from number 1 top selling theme in the world https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?hl=uk&url=https%3A%2F%2Favada.theme-fusion.com%2Fhome-version-1%2F

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi @mihael,

Is there is at least something we still can do to resolve this situation and avoid your bad review? Will you continue using our theme at all?

Regards

mihael
    Participant

After a weeks long frustration with it reaching the climax today, I’ve had unpleasant interaction with DreamHost. At the end, we ended up with me deciding to upgrade to 2gb VPS hosting. Go figure…It will be double the cost of shared per month 🙂 Couldn’t be happier.
    However, I’m being forced into this decision because of the reasons which seem to be beyond mine or your knowledge.
    All together is very strange. DreamHost doesn’t want to disclose how much RAM my website is consuming and what limit it hits.
    I will now wait till the VPS is set up and everything transferred.
    Then I will be able to see how this reflects on the website performance.
    I will also proceed with installing W3 Total Cache.

I changed the review to 5 stars and I will continue to bug you for a while…
    I’ve invested too much time to tweak the template, changing it would cost me too much.
    Thank you and I’m sorry for stressing you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No problem, we absolutely understand you. Your website looks cool so far and we know how much time and efforts is it cost. So, after your new website will be set up we hope that all these issues will be resolved. For the optimization, personally we prefer WP Super Cache, but W3 Total Cache works fine too. You can also use Better WordPress minify to optimize and combine all your JS and CSS files if the cache plugin will not do this job well.

Contact us if you will need additional help or face any issues. Again, thank you for understanding and changing your score. It is very important for us.

Kind Regards

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)