Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website does not load when installing dummy content

Website does not load when installing dummy content

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ed1973
    Participant

Hello,

Today I decided to reinstall my bases Woodmart template and found out, that after installing the dummy content, my website is unreachable.

Then I decided to deactivate plugins and found out, that when I deacticate Woocommerce 3.2.6 , the website is loading again.

Somehow there is a conflic in between Woocommerce 3.2.6 and the dummy content.
    1 week ago, I did exactly the same, I cannot remember the Woocommerce version, but at that time, the website just worked with the same dummy content.

Also with Woocommerce 3.3.0 beta 1 , it is not working.
    With 3.2.5 it is also not working.

Do you know what has caused this ?

My php version is : 5.6.32-1~dotdeb+7.1
    Also make the following changes and checked it :

memory_limit 128M
    post_max_size 32M
    upload_max_filesize 32M

ed1973
    Participant

Enabled debugging , by adding the following lines to wp-config.php file :

define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );
    @ini_set( ‘display_errors’, 0 );

And checked the debug.log file in the wp-content directory:

[20-Dec-2017 22:10:38 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://website.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/wood-time-icon.svg): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/website.nl/public_html/website.nl/wp-content/plugins/woodmart-core/post-types.php on line 368

Strange….

And what is more strange, is that when I click the above link, it will redirect to :

https://www.telegraaf.nl/

Strange !!!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that file_get_contents function for URLs is disabled on your server. You need to contact your provider and ask to enable this option. If it will not help, please, provide us your admin access so we can check it.

Regards

ed1973
    Participant

See the reply below:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Anyway, it is some issue with your server that it can’t handle this HTTP request. Are you able to contact your hosting providers for help in this question?

Regards

ed1973
    Participant

It is working !

The cause of the problem, was that the website could not communicate over port 80 with the files on the website. The problem was caused by the firewall on the shared hosting server.

They (my provider) restarted the firewall, and that solved the problem.

I even asked them, what could have caused this, and what could I have done, to prevend this in the future, but no answer yet…..

Thinking about searching for a provider, with root access, for independency.

Thanks Artem, for your excellent support 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you have found the solution.

ed1973
    Participant

🙂 Sorry for wasting your time. I should have known this, because 10 years ago I worked as a HP-UX network engineer for Hewlett Packard. But in this case, I do not have root access (very frustrating). Again, sorry.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No problem 🙂 Contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)