Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website is extremely slow

Website is extremely slow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

meccio
    Participant

Hello, I’m building a website with woodmart but it is very slow and still pretty empty.

I’m on a shared hosting where I have a couple of sites already built with another theme which are not slow at all.

Somebody told me that maybe there was a problem with the installation and to try and start again from zero, as in do a fresh WP installation.

Is there a way to check if anything is wrong?

I really would like to avoid doing it all again if it makes no sense.

Please get back to me asap.
    Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have tested your home page and it is fully loaded in 4 seconds. It is not a slow result but there are a few points that may affect it: https://gyazo.com/eb10eaefda376447d28225f4f3ed874d

1. Seems like your server is not fast since it takes 1.8 seconds to get a respond from the server.

2. You need to remove all the dummy content images since they may affect the page loading. Replace them with your own.

3. You need to install some cache plugin and optimize all your resources to boost the website loading time.

Kind Regards

meccio
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Have you used a tool or checked the website itself?

If you open the page it takes about 15 seconds to load.

2. Can you please explain what resources should I optimize?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. We have tested it with Google Chrome console via the Network tab. This time may vary because of different internet connection speed.

2. You can use WP Rocket to optimize all CSS and JS files. Images should be optimized manually before uploading.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)