Home Forums Basel support forum Website takes a long time to fully appear

Website takes a long time to fully appear

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

My website is working well, and people seem to like it. I must thank you for the help you brought me to build it.

A litte promblem remains : the home page is quite slow to appear, step by step, after typing the adress or calling it through a link. Are the images too heavy ? Is there something that requires an optimization to make it faster without spoiling the quality of the images ?
    Could you please drop an eye on it and tell me if you see something that should be improved ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad that you have a nice website built with our theme.

Yes, if you see that your page renders to slow you can try to optimize all your images firstly. We see that some of your images are to large, here is an example 1.4mb https://www.helenes.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/RangeGlitter2.jpg

You can try to decrease their size with Photoshop or some service like this https://tinypng.com/

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your answer.
    It is always difficult to estimate how far I should go in decreasing the image size. My products are luxurious jams, it has to be seen in the quality of the images.

Considering the very example you have taken which is 1,4mb at the present time : according to you, what would be the ideal size (wheight) for this full length photo ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This image without loosing quality may have 300 KB size. Try to use service we sent you.

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Yes, Tiny png works great. Faster than reducing each photo with Photoshop. But some pictures requires to keep their size to save thin details.
    Thanks for your help !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Probably some pictures may require additional attention to their optimization but in general this service really good and can save you a lot of time.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)