Home Forums Basel support forum Weird pages being generated

Weird pages being generated

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

DonUchiha
    Participant

Hi I have noticed I have some weird pages indexed so I decided to have a look and it seems like it’s theme related.. It is mydomain/store/page/3/?filter_size=10%2C14%2C12%2C8&orderby=price-desc&loop=12&woo_ajax=1

it works normal with any other theme.. I have also tried deactivating all plugins except woocommerce.

The page is white, with text like this:
    {“items”:”\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \n\n\t\t
    \n\t\n\t\t”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please describe where exactly do you see this link on your website? Actually, they are not regular pages and it is URL for AJAX request, not to the page.

Regards

DonUchiha
    Participant

It is not linked to from any page. I found it indexed on google. using site:domain.com

That page however does not exist when using other themes? when I switched it shows a 404 not found.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we don’t know how to check this if you can’t detect where Google indexed these links. You need to find them on your website first, and then we can check why is it indexed.

DonUchiha
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t think it is linked anywhere so I’m not sure what Google followed to get to that page.

However I do notice it only happens on the shop page… so http://www.domain.com/shop/page/3/?filter_size=10%2C14%2C12%2C8&orderby=price-desc&loop=12&woo_ajax=1

I changed the shop to another category that I use and it;s not there just a 404 like it should… and also I tried it on the demo https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/page/3/?filter_size=10%2C14%2C12%2C8&orderby=price-desc&loop=12&woo_ajax=1

it also correctly gives a 404…. but mine shows that weird html page where the font starts small then gets bigger and bigger on each line.

Is it my copy of Basel that is the problem or maybe corrupt database?

Thanks

DonUchiha
    Participant

Just to add, another interesting thing I found is if I google search “&loop=12&woo_ajax=1” which is the last part of the error page you will see all the websites listed on google with the same problem and they all use either Basel or WoodMart…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This URL works for our demo too https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/page/3/?orderby=price-desc&loop=12&woo_ajax=1
    Could you please specify where exactly do you see it in Google search results?

DonUchiha
    Participant

Please check last result of that search

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We meant results for our demo or other websites.

DonUchiha
    Participant

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Don’t see any websites with our theme there.

DonUchiha
    Participant

Yes, example first couple results:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

DonUchiha
    Participant

Here;s what I get.. not sure why because google.com and google.co.uk both show it

check attachment, I don’t think that page serves any purpose at all it has a html with broken images etc

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, thank you. We found links that are indexed by Google and add “nofollow” attribute in our next update. As for now, try to change the line in the file basel/woocommerce/loop/pagination.php

<a href="<?php echo next_posts( $wp_query->max_num_pages, false ); ?>" class="btn basel-load-more basel-products-load-more load-on-<?php echo ($pagination == 'more-btn') ? 'click' : 'scroll'; ?>"><?php esc_html_e('Load more products', 'basel'); ?></a>

to this one

<a href="<?php echo next_posts( $wp_query->max_num_pages, false ); ?>" rel="nofollow" class="btn basel-load-more basel-products-load-more load-on-<?php echo ($pagination == 'more-btn') ? 'click' : 'scroll'; ?>"><?php esc_html_e('Load more products', 'basel'); ?></a>

DonUchiha
    Participant

Perfect, thank you. 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)