Home Forums WoodMart support forum weird product compare issue….

weird product compare issue….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pkph
    Participant

my product compare is not working on my main website – it says compare list is empty even though I added multiple.

I tried to sort things out by creating a staging site – however, on the staging site – its working perfectly fine.

can anyone guide me what seems to be the problem? why is it working on the duplicate site but not on the origin site? they have identical files….

Hi,

Make sure you have the Compare page with Compare element:
    Navigate to the Theme Settings > Shop > Compare > and set the page you have created https://gyazo.com/ce918c59a5b891c308d130f4eb691774

If you still have the problem, please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, if the problem remains, leave the plugins not activated and provide the site admin access to the private area

Best Regards.

pkph
    Participant

hi again,

as i mentioned, my intention is to share the admin panel thats why i created a duplicate site – the problem is that – in the duplicate site, the compare is working.

note that i have a compare page and its set up correctly. The issue at hand is that, on the actual website compare is not working but on the duplicated page its working. can you suggest me an alternative solution? disabling the plugin on the actual site is not an option because its a 24/7 online store and we cant experience downtime. that is why i made a duplicate site but the compare is working there.

pkph
    Participant

mind you, both sites are 100% identical file to file. the duplicate site is the exact duplicate of the actual website so its puzzling for me as to why compare is working there and not on the actual website.

Hi,

Your main website may be caching the page, which is not allowing the updated compare list to be displayed. You can try clearing the cache or disabling caching temporarily to see if this fixes the issue.

It is possible that a plugin or theme on your main website is conflicting with the compare feature. You can try deactivating any recently installed plugins or switching to a parent theme to see if this fixes the issue.

Since the compare function is working on your staging site, it is likely that the issue is related to the main website’s configuration or settings. You can try comparing the configurations of both sites to identify any differences and troubleshoot accordingly.

Best Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)