Home Forums Basel support forum Where to Change Wording for Search and Filters…

Where to Change Wording for Search and Filters…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

videoopp
    Participant

Hi, I have tried to find these with firebug but they are illusive….

I would like to change the prompt text in the search box that says “Search for products”

I would also like to change the wording for the “Sort By” under Filters in the Shop Page.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for using our theme.

The best way to change those words is to translate theme through the POT file that you can find in languages directory. Read more about theme translation in our documentation.

If you want to change them through the php files you can find them here

basel/inc/template-tags.php
    basel/inc/widgets/class-widget-sorting.php

Regards

videoopp
    Participant

OK thanks,

One more thing…

I would like to change the HTML link text for the price ranges to the following:

$0.00-$10.00 to make the link say “Photos”
    $20.00-30.00 link say “HD Videos”
    $30.00 + say “4K Video”

Deleting the $10.00-$20.00 from the list

I can see the list in Firebug, but can’t find the file that it is being generated from.

Sample page: http://worldviewstock.com/?s=Canada&post_type=product

Thanks for your help

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such option in our theme. You can do this only through the additional PHP customization of the Price Filter widget in the file basel/inc/widgets/class-widget-price-filter.php

videoopp
    Participant

Hi,

Just to be clear, I am not looking to change the filter scheme from pricing to Media type. I just want to change the wording of the links from the $ array to the media type using html. I can do this temporarily in firebug by changing the html list that shows up there, I just can’t find what file is generating that list to make a permanent change.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Anyway you need to edit this file in case you want to change it’s presentation basel/inc/widgets/class-widget-price-filter.php

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)