Home Forums WoodMart support forum Widgets Sidebar Missing

Widgets Sidebar Missing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

htwsupport
    Participant

All of a sudden the widgets sidebar has gone missing on my shop pages. The sidebar should contain a price filter and product category widget, which you can see by going to the mobile version and using the slideout sidebar.

In desktop its gone. It is in the HTML of the page but moved off the page by .css. I you inspect you can see that.

<aside class=”sidebar-container col-sm-3 col-sm-pull-9 sidebar-left area-sidebar-shop” role=”complementary”>

is being pushed off screen by:

@media
    (min-width: 768px)
    bootstrap.min.css?ver=1.5.0:14
    .col-sm-pull-9 {
    right: 75%;
    }

Disabling this only brings it back on screen but doesn’t put it in the right spot because the <aside> is not in the correct row anyway now.

Any ideas whats going on here? I was just edit products when I noticed this. It was working fine before.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using WoodMart for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

We checked your website and noticed that your shop page HTML code is modified and the section with products doesn’t have required CSS classes. Try to disable additional plugins to see maybe they cause that problem. Or remove your code customization if you did them in the theme files. If it will not help, please provide us your admin and FTP access.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

htwsupport
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Disabling the Redux framework fixes the problem. Obviously all the custom colours and logos are replaced with the theme defaults but it fixes the sidebar issue.

I haven’t modified any theme files, added any custom js or css.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, please provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check it.

Regards

htwsupport
    Participant

Hi,

Please find below the FTP details. Note this is Read Only as it is a client/project site. Any file changes required I can do If you are able to provide details of what requires changing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but with this access we can’t see/edit our theme folder and files https://prnt.sc/hj94et

Regards

htwsupport
    Participant

HI Again,

I have changed the ports etc for the ftp server. If you could try again. It works for me from 2 different locations (at work and at home) using the below credentials.

I have changed some settings on the ftp server anyhow, so hopefully it does work. Please note it is only read only access.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we need write access too. We can’t run any debug process without this.

htwsupport
    Participant

Write access has been enabled.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So the problem was caused by one extra closing tag added to the short description of that product https://projects.htw.net.au/clients/highvalley/product/the-crowd-pleaser/
    We have fixed this for you.

htwsupport
    Participant

Thanks for that.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Widgets Sidebar Missing’ is closed to new replies.