Home Forums WoodMart support forum Will you release update to fix WPBakery security issue?

Will you release update to fix WPBakery security issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mostandq
    Participant

Now I am using WoodMart 5.2.0 & WPBakery Page Builder 6.3.0. Will you release update to fix the issue below:
    https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2020/10/vulnerability-exposes-over-4-million-sites-using-wpbakery/

I can not update it from WP backend since it is bundled with WoodMart.

Hello,

WPBakery Page Builder and Revolution slider come bundled with our theme but they can’t be activated with our purchase code. Actually, you don’t need to do this. Only in case you want to get free premium support from its author, you can purchase it from Codecanyon. But it is not necessary since we will always provide you with the latest updates in Appearance > Install plugins.

You can upload the recent version of the plugins from this forum profile and install via Dashboard > Plugins or FTP.

1. Make the full backup of your site.

2. Deactivate and delete the current version.

3. Upload the new version from your portfolio on this forum.

4. Upload and install.

Best Regards

mostandq
    Participant

Upload the new version from your portfolio on this forum.
    —> Could you explain this? I am not sure where I can get the latest version WPBAKERY. Should I download it from Theme Forest?

Hello,

Please check your profile on this forum https://xtemos.com/forums have a look at the screen: https://prnt.sc/v2vxz0

If you have any problems, let me know I will help to update.

Best Regards

mostandq
    Participant

Get it, will this affect the live page built by WPBAKERY? I also want to know is it possible to update it from WordPress admin area, just like update plugin bundled with WoodMart? If yes but need to wait until the next update of WoodMart?

It is not an emergent issue for me, since I don’t let user register from my site. I prefer update it by updating WoodMart from WordPress admin.

Hello,

As soon as the next WoodMart update has been released you will be able to update in the admin area, for now, you can use the current version it works well.

Best Regards

mostandq
    Participant

OK, I am good now. I will update WPBAKERY in next release of WoodMart.

Hello,

Ok. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

bgerbert
    Participant

Hello, I am also working with wpbakery 6.3.0 and there is an update for Version 6.4.1. This update does not work.
    I have my own support licence for wpbakery and the support wrote me, that I can not update because of the theme developer: … “The issue is because the auto-update at your end is disabled by the theme developer. You can deactivate and delete the older version of the plugin and then install the standalone version which is purchased by you. However, I would also suggest you to re-confirm the same with the theme author before proceeding, because if he has done any changes to the core plugin files, then they will be lost during this process…”

What is about the vulnerability of the old version? When do woodmart release a new version? What do you advise to do?
    Thanks for you help
    Best regards

Hello,

We add the recent version of all the related plugins in the theme folder. You will be able to update the plugin in Appearance > Installation as soon as the theme has been updated.

You can update the plugin just now. You can upload the recent version from this forum in your profile and upload via Dashboard > PLugins.

1. Make the full backup of your site.

2. Deactivate and delete the current version.

3. Upload the new version from your portfolio on this forum or if you want upload your purchased plugin.

4. Upload and install.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)