Home Forums Basel support forum WooCommerce cart issue

WooCommerce cart issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ATSMarketing
    Participant

Hi!

I have an issue with adding products to the cart.
    I went through the following troubleshooting steps:
    – updated WP, WooCommerce and all the other plugins
    – asked hosting company to remove the cart from cache
    – cleared WooCommerce transients and customer sessions
    – tried adding different products and product types (simple and composite) to the cart
    – disabled all unnecessary plugins
    – tried a different theme (Twenty Seventeen)

None of the steps listed above fixed the issue and the cart works just fine with the Twenty Seventeen theme with all the plugins enabled. More than that, I get this message: “Your theme (Basel) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce.” I have attached a screenshot of the outdated WooCommerce Basel files.

Please let me know if these files are the cause of the issue I am having and if there is a way to fix it. Revolution Slider and WPBakery are out of date. Is there an eta for those updates?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, update the theme to the latest version firstly. To update the theme you need download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Then just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

Regards

ATSMarketing
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply!
    I have installed the plugin and updated the theme as you have asked. The issue persists. I can’t add products to the cart from the product page.
    If I try to add products to the cart from the shop page or the products list page I have created, the products can be successfully added to the cart. There’s something wrong with the “Add to cart” button on the product page.
    I have created an admin account for you so please feel free to log in and troubleshoot.

Hello,

Try to deactivate all the plugins which do not relate to our theme, check the issue and lets us know.

Best Regards

ATSMarketing
    Participant

Hello!

I have disabled all non-essential plugins. I only kept CMB2, Redux, WooCommerce, and Xtemos post types plugins enabled. I tested the “Add to cart” functionality again. I still can’t add products to the cart from the product page.

These are the troubleshooting steps I went through again after updating the theme:
    – updates all the plugins and the theme
    – disabled all non-essential plugins
    – cleared browser cache
    – tried a different theme (Twenty Seventeen) – I have no issues in this theme
    – asked hosting company to remove the cart pages from any type of caching
    – checked the browser console and the error logs – no errors

I would like to emphasize that the cart works with a different theme (Twenty Seventeen) and I only have issues adding products to the cart from the product page itself. If I try to add products from the shop page or the products list page I can successfully do so.
    Please let me know if there are any other troubleshooting steps you want me to go through that I did not try yet. If not, please use the account I have created for you and troubleshoot the issue with the cart.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to disable ajax add to cart option in Theme Settings -> Product page.

ATSMarketing
    Participant

Disabling ajax seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you for your help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)