Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart Instagram image feed size too heavy

Woodmart Instagram image feed size too heavy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello,

The images which you resize for our Instgram feed are rediculously heavy. They are typically several hundred kbs for a very small image which sites on our page. Just 4 images equates to nealy 1mb. Yes I know they can be lazy loaded, but the problem is the images you are resizing and saving in our DB should not be that size. Can something be done here?

Thanks

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hi Elise,

No it has nothing to do with the plugins. It is to do with your resizing. I f we put a smaller image on Instagram then we can get the size of image in the instagram feed to be smaller. However woodmart should be resizing the images based on the size they have to display at on our site. So if we upload an image to instagram which is 1500x1500px, but on our website we display it as a thumbnail, you should resize it accordingly. It is crazy that we have over 1mb of images loading just from 4 small instagram thumbnails.

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Access details below. Although your compression is working, it is just not suitable for when you are only outputting the images as thumbnails. The last 4 photos on our instagram feed, we have uploaded much smaller and also compressed them, otherwise our website page is far too heavy. So the thumbnails you see in the feed have already been resized and compressed by us before woodmart did anything.

Second problem . What do we do with all these 1000’s of social media photos you are adding into our DB? We do not need all the historic photos you are dumping in our DB. You do not even add them to a seperate folder which can be cleaned. How are we suppose to get rid of all this junk taking up huge amounts of space?

Hello,

Please provide the access to the site admin access, I have inserted the link you provided and it requires login and password to access the site.

Best Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I sent you the credentials. Please look again in the private area in my previous post.

Hello,

When Instagram is contacted by API, the images are uploaded into the Media library to show them the size in the smaller (optimized) size. You can either delete theme images or delete posts from these images, and the images would be deleted from the site.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Elise,

You have not answered the 2 questions I wrote.

1. Why are the images in the feed so large, even though we are only displaying small thumbnails on our website? For thumbnail images they should be resized and served much smaller.

2. How do we find all these many many images your theme dumps in our media folder and delete them all? I need to bulk search for 24 months of photos your theme has left there in our DB. You do not give the new photo file names any unique name and you do not pout them into a separate folder, which is really a bad idea. I would appreciate your help here as need to remove all these duplicate images which are just taking up space and not used (yes we keep them on Instagram of course but no one needs a duplicate copy of these images lying on their web-server).

Hello,

The Media library gets the image in size which is loaded to Instagram.

Please delete the images except the recent 25 you loaded to Instagram.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

We only display 4 instagram images on our website feed. Why should we not delete the last 25 (the last 4 I understand, but why the last 25)?

How do we search for these Instagram feed images you add to our DB?

Hello,

Instagram API works as described in this documentation: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/guides/content-publishing/

We do not have any functionality to upload the images in other way. Instagram outfeed 25 recent images which are uploaded to Media library for cropping and showing on the site. Every 2 hours the images are checked if this image still exists in Instagram.

Please check the documentation.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)