Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart Product Filter Required Input

Woodmart Product Filter Required Input

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

scholtobos
    Participant

Hi, I have product filters (see attachment) and I need to make sure people select all of the attribute boxes before they can filter. So I need to make the input required (and add some css to make boxes red when not filled in).

I know this requires customisation and I will do it myself. I only need some advise what and where to do.

I know I need to add required in the code like this:

<input type="attribute" id="attribute_name" required>

But I cannot find the file where this happens. I only found woodmart > inc > shortcodes > product filter:

$output = '<form action="' . esc_url( $form_action ) . '" class="woodmart-product-filters' . esc_attr( $classes ) . '" method="GET">';
    			$output .= do_shortcode( $content );
    			$output .= '<div class="woodmart-pf-btn"><button type="submit">' . esc_html__( 'Filter', 'woodmart' ) . '</button></div>';
    		$output .= '</form>';

Unfortunately for me this is not the place where attributes can be made required.
    Can you tell me which file I need to modify? Or maybe better, is there a function I can add to functions.php to solve this?

Hope you can give me a hint.
    Kind regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can find the code for these widgets in the file woodmart\inc\shortcodes\product-filters.php. Sorry, but we don’t have instruction on this and can’t guarantee that adding the required attribute will work as you expect.

Kind Regards

scholtobos
    Participant

Thanks. I will try.

I’m trying to find the code piece where the input is defined:
    <input class="result-input" name="xxx" type="hidden" value="">

I don’t find this back in woodmart\inc\shortcodes\product-filters.php

Which file do I need?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This input is located in the following file woodmart\inc\widgets\class-widget-layered-nav.php

scholtobos
    Participant

Seriously? I need the input located for these product filters: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/product-filters/

Are you using the same file for layered nav AND the product filters you added in WoodMart 2.9?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a correct file with this line https://prnt.sc/stp9v8

scholtobos
    Participant

Yes, Found it. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Woodmart Product Filter Required Input’ is closed to new replies.