Home Forums WoodMart support forum WordPress crashes after theme activation

WordPress crashes after theme activation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

cioppi
    Participant

Hello, i’m trying to install the Woodmart theme on my website, i’m able to install it but not to activate it because after clicking “activate” the whole site crashes and gives me the message “HTTP ERROR 500”. After that i’m not even able to reach the administration panel, so i have to go to my ftp and cancel everything and i have to reinstall wordpress.
    I’ve tried to download the latest version of the theme from themeforest and start from a clean wordpress installation, but the result is the same.
    What can i do?

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using WoodMart for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

500 Internal Error says about some issue on the server and can be caused by different things. Anyway, to understand its nature you need to see your server error logs or enable PHP error display on the website. If you can’t do this, you need to contact your hosting provider for help in this question. Here is an article that may help you understand the error better http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

cioppi
    Participant

Sorry to bother you again,
    butnone of the tips of the article worked.
    If i install other themes there is no problem, if i install Woodmart everything crashes.
    How is this possible?
    Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you check your server error logs? If you can’t do this, contact your hosting providers for help.

cioppi
    Participant

Yes I did, sir. There are no errors.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is not possible since it gives 500 Internal Server error. Please, contact your server providers for help.

LumenzLS
    Participant

Curious if there was any resolution to this. I am also having the same problem. I can confirm that my error log is also blank…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We suggest you to try to disable all additional installed plugins and check your server error logs. Maybe you just need to update a PHP version on increase PHP memory limit. You can ask your hosting providers for help in this situation.

Regards

LumenzLS
    Participant

Thanks, I got it working now. You were right. It was the PHP version and memory limit. Just a quick fix in the htaccess file and now it’s working fine.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you have found the solution.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)