Home Forums Basel support forum WPBakery License Included with Basel Theme?

WPBakery License Included with Basel Theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eugenevdm
    Participant

Hi there,

We purchased Basel Theme about six months ago but I notice that WPBakery is not auto updating. Does purchasing of the Basel Premium Theme include updates to WPBakery? If so, how do I activate them?

Hello,

WPBakery Page Builder and Revolution slider come bundled with our theme but they can’t be activated with our purchase code. Actually, you don’t need to do this. Only in case you want to get free premium support from its author, you can purchase it from Codecanyon. But it is not necessary since we will always provide you with the latest updates in Appearance > Install plugins.

If you have any problems (these problems are often caused by the host security or size max size limitations) you can upload the recent version of the plugins from this forum profile and install via Dashboard > Plugins or FTP.

Best Regards

eugenevdm
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. If found the links and downloaded the latest versions of the two supplied plugins.

> …you have any problems (these problems are often caused by the host security…

Funny you mention security, because as it stands our Basel site got hacked.

FYI I am actually the host and the host security is fine, but I googled and found a critical vulnerability in WPBakery. As we have been running latest version of WordPress 5.5.1 with includes all automatic updates, I can only conclude we were a victim of this attack as every single other plugin has been automatically updated since 5.5.1 came out on 1 September..

Basically the whole site is screwed because the script infected /themes/basel/header.php amongst a host of other files. We’ll recover as the site was not production. Hopefully this was simple (yet complex) case of a plugin being out of date.

Link to critical vulnerability but I guess you know about this already?

https://www.securitynewspaper.com/2020/05/18/critical-xss-vulnerabilities-in-visual-composer-wpbakery-page-builder-plugin-allows-bypassing-firewall/

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Our theme 100% compatible with WP bakery page builder however has no influence on security issues of the plugin.

We have a lot of site owners who have been using the plugin for ages and never been attacked.

The article you refer to relates to the Visual Composer plugin which is a mirror copy of the WP bakery page builder but not the same.

I am sure that the attacks you have had are not caused by our theme or the plugin.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)