Home Forums WoodMart support forum WPML admin theme setting problem + solution

WPML admin theme setting problem + solution

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Priit
    Participant

Hello!
    To let you know that from some updates ago with WPML. Is not working properly if your site language is other admin user first language. So then your theme is admin text getting over written with other langue.
    Example: Site language is in Estonian and my admin user is set to English – then for theme fields where there are translations, content is taken from English language.
    Definitely a bug for theme or WPML.

Took me 1 day to debug it…hope is helpful for others and gets fixed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

Priit
    Participant

Seems general issue. Dont want to spend time to reproduce the troubles for me again.

But stepts to reproduce the problem – Lets say your first/default language in WPML is Spanish and then you change your admin user language to English then you try to change texts in theme options.

By writing (updating ) your texts in Spanish – what already have translations in English language.
    Then theme loads English texts in admin language although I wrote them in Spanish.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Theme Settings should be translated to different languages using String Translations and not via our Theme Settings.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)