Home Forums Basel support forum WPML – Translated page layout

WPML – Translated page layout

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Januka
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using WPML to translate my website. But when I switch between languages the layout changes. The Layout in english is the one i want
    Home Page (screenshots attached)
    English Layout
    Brasil Layout

Product Page(screenshots attached)
    English layoutBrasil Layout

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Seems that pages on different languages have different values for some options. Check product page layout and sidebar position options.

Regards

Januka
    Participant

Hi,
    I managed to fix the issue with the homepage, still have the issue with product page having a different layout when we switch languages. English Layout-the one i want Brazil Layout

I contacted WPML and they said the following

we’ll need to tell WPML to copy this custom field to your translations. To do this, go to WPML>Translation Management>Multilingual Content Setup>Custom fields and check if you can find the field that is controlling the layout (if you don’t find it, try clicking ‘show system fields‘ link). If you find it, select ‘copy’ as its translation option and save the settings.

Now, I went to that option and there are many custom fields, Now I need to know which custom fields I need to copy. I have given you access below, please help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Be sure that all fields with _basel_ prefix are the same for both languages https://gyazo.com/5a1d9de0b07a3a80b34a0bd06d81c1ad

Regards

Januka
    Participant

Nice, almost working. Now having a minor issue with layout.
    The counter box size is uneven in Brazil layout. In English its fine. See attachments.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)