Home Forums Basel support forum WRONG DISPLAY OF VARIATION ATTRIBUTES

WRONG DISPLAY OF VARIATION ATTRIBUTES

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Please check any product listed in my store from this link :
    http://gevcen.be/product-category/cordonnerie/semelles/

You’ll notice that the variable products don’t show properly their attributes.

Examples of products
    > http://gevcen.be/product/6-paires-de-semelles-ultra-fines-dames/
    > http://gevcen.be/product/semelles-3-4-anatomiques/
    > http://gevcen.be/product/demi-semelles-de-confort-en-cuir/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You need to delete the hashtag from the attributes items: http://prntscr.com/lg7pp5

Best Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Your answer does not fix the issue.

First of all, I am talking about variations that do not have colors in this case. I just deleted the hashtag for one of the attribute, and it is still not showing.

Second, EVEN if I have no color linked to the attribute value, I do not accept to start needing to delete 1 by 1 the hashtag from the hundred and hundred of attributes that I have in my store. It used to work, and now it doesn’t anymore.

And yes all external plugins are already disactivated. Please investigate to fix this issue.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It works as it supposed to work. There is no hashtag in that fields by default and if you type anything there it takes it as a color for variation swatch. And obviously, the hashtag is not a valid color. Just remove all hashtags from all values and it will work well.

Hello,

You have not deleted hashtag as I told you this symbols causes the problem

Best Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

And I repeat that I do not accept this answer. I have 300 attributes, I am not going to delete it for 300 attributes every 1 by 1. You please fix this. I don’t agree with this.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it is not a bug that we can fix. As we said, it is how it supposed to work. You didn’t need to add this hashtag there and the only way to remove it is to edit all terms.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I have created it long time ago. They used to work as they are. There were absolutely no issue with it before. And suddenly, out of nowhere, it does not work anymore.

This is not ok for me. I request a fix.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is how it worked from our initial version. We can’t remove this functionality from our theme because of this. Again, it is not a bug that we can fix.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Not at all. Those attributes were created more than a month ago. Since then, I have never changed their parameters. All of a sudden, they are not working because of a hastash that would have come into it by miracle? Explanation not accepted. I request escalation, I cannot waste time on deleting a hashtag 1 one by 1 for 300 attributes. I do not accept.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you use our color swatches somewhere else? We will give you a code to remove this functionality completely.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I do use it, only in certain attributes that are indeed called “colors”. That’s the only location where I would obviously use it. There is no sense to start putting colors if I am defining attributes such as length, width…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, there are no other ways to fix this problem.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Great. Such a helpfull support. You just dont care about your users experience.

I am telling you that it used to work perfectly. I have never changed the color parameters of those values and you refuse to accept that there could be something wrong with your theme.

This is a stubborn behavior that I refuse from a profesionnal support team. Millions of theme have this default hashtag and I dont think that their users have to check 1 by 1 to remove the hashtag.

It is obviously related to the theme, and you reject any responsibility. At least if you would say that we could investigate and then only, say that you cant do anything, I’d understand.

But you just throw away all responsibility. It used to work perfectly and now you tell me to waste all my time to check 1 by 1 all 300 attributes. Thank you so much.. very helpful for developing a professional website…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you mean that it happens after the update? Could you try to install a previous version and check how it works? How is it possible that theme changes its behavior without any code changes?

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I don’t know which update has done this. All I know is that it used to work perfectly before, without any trouble. And all of a sudden, I discover that the attributes are not showing at all in any of the products.

You really think that in 1 day I’d have gone and put a hashtag in every single attribute value to screw up myself my own website?

How do I install previous of the theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, it works differently now https://gyazo.com/38836acb5abbbd870d6ce9f7f4ec3406
    Have you changed something?

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Of course… I had to spend 1 day all my time in deleting the hashtag one by one… Now it’s fixed, since I lost all my time to do it this way.

But as one of your customer, I am advising you to do something about this. And the solution should be rather simple => if hashtag followed by nothing, ignore.

Anyway, issue closed from my side.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘WRONG DISPLAY OF VARIATION ATTRIBUTES’ is closed to new replies.