Home Forums WoodMart support forum YITH Compare function

YITH Compare function

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jcbdesign
    Participant

Hi,

I’m after some help with the way the YITH compare function works with the theme please.

1. How can I add the compare trigger icon/button to the header to make the compare function work as per a screen shot from my previous site?

2. Is is possible to move the location of the “add to compare icon/button” replace the “add to Wishlist” icon/button in the “Show summary on hover” view please?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jcbdesign
    Participant

Also, when the compare is activated in the Lightbox all the font styling is lost and it look like it’s reverted back to times new roman. however when opened in a page the styling works. I upgraded to the premium version of the plug in as a work around but really want to use the Lightbox pop up feature. hope you can help please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Sorry, but there is no such option in our theme and WooCommerce by default. It may require additional code customization and it is out of our theme support scope.

2. You can do this only with additional code customization of the file woodmart/woocommerce/content-product-summary.php.

3. Yes, unfortunately, our theme styles from Theme Settings can’t be applied in the compare popup.

Regards

jcbdesign
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
    It is disappointing that the function and plugin that is supplied with the theme doesn’t work properly and is not supported. I’ve checked a few of the demo sites and the compare pop up has no styling. this makes it unusable, just looks broken.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, it shouldn’t be broken. The only problem it has is that Theme Settings typography is not applied and default fonts used. Could you please send us a screenshot of the problem you have?

jcbdesign
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve attached a screen grab of the fashion demo. You’re right, technically it’s not broken. But from a visitors point of view it looks all wrong and reduce the perception of credibility for the site.
    But the styling I can get around by using the premium plugin in page mode. It’s the activation trigger in the header what I really need. Is that something you can help with please?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We will try to fix this problem in our next theme update. Header widget will be added in the next update definitely.

Regards

jcbdesign
    Participant

Thank You. I appreciate it.
    You’ve got such a fantastic theme, my client really likes it, but needs these features porting over. At least I can say it will happen.

Thanks again
    Jon

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you. We are glad that you like it.

jcbdesign
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t seem to have the woodmart/woocommerce/content-product-summary.php file. could it be called something else?

Thanks

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, the right name is content-product-base.php.

jcbdesign
    Participant

cool, thank you.

I thought I could just swap around the “<?php if( class_exists(‘YITH_WCWL_Shortcode’)) woodmart_wishlist_btn(); ?>” with “<?php woodmart_compare_btn(); ?>”.

but it did nothing. I guess there is more to it?

Cheers

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us a link where you did this.

jcbdesign
    Participant

Hi,
    I altered the woodmart/woocommerce/content-product-base.php file.
    I guess it would be better to use the child’s theme functions.php, but I have no idea of the coding.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

To override it in the child theme you just need to create a copy of this file in the child theme like woodmart-child/woocommerce/content-product-base.php and do your modifications.

jcbdesign
    Participant

Hi Thank you for adding the button in the header for the compare feature.
    However the compare function has stoppered working with the premium version of the plugin after the last update. I need to use the premium version to allow the dynamic attributes, i.e to miss out the blank ones.

Please can you help?

jcbdesign
    Participant

Ok I have a work around.
    I’ve disabled compare in the wood mart settings and now all is working fine.
    But it looks like a conflict with the theme and the premium plugin

cheers

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, you need to disable our theme compare function if you want to use the plugin.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)