Home Forums Basel support forum Youtube Related Videos

Youtube Related Videos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

acaro
    Participant

Hi Support,

I am attempting to remove related videos in the ‘Product video URL’ on the product page, so that no related videos are shown once the Youtube video ends. The normal Youtube URL commands break the video, for example adding “&rel=0” to the end of the URL causes an error.

Is there a way to do this? This should definitely be a priority if not since the related videos are showing competitors on my product page..

Thank you!

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to control the iframe elements of an official YouTube video player via WordPress theme since all of its content is located on the YouTube side.

Regards

acaro
    Participant

Ok… Youtube makes it pretty simple to control any official embedded video from their site by appending characters to the end of the URL. This is a standard procedure to embedding a Youtube video on any site/theme. You can how to do it ON THIS LINK

This is a problem with the Xtemos Basel Theme because it is not embedding the URL correctly with these appended characters specifically designed to “control the iframe content of an official YouTube video player.” When is this going to be fixed???

I mean this is specifically a “Premium E-commerce Theme” I would think that showing a competitors product at the end of a product video would be a huge concern for you guys; it is for me and 100% sure for any other site making online sales.

Thanks for looking further into this.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us your admin and FTP access so we can see what is possible to do there? And send us a link to your product with video and YouTube link.

Regards

acaro
    Participant

Hi,

I have placed the requested information bellow for the staging site. Please keep track of any updates so that I can replicate it on the live one. I really think this should be an update on the the theme though..

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

To fix this, try to edit the file basel/js/functions.js and change this code http://prntscr.com/iwwczz
    to this one

iframe: {
                            patterns: {
                                youtube: {
                                    index: 'youtube.com/',
                                    id: 'v=',
                                    src: '//www.youtube.com/embed/%id%?autoplay=1&rel=0'
                                }
                            }
                        },

And you will need to disable JS minification in Theme Settings -> Performance.

acaro
    Participant

Will this be updated on the next Basel version? Otherwise it will get overwritten every update, is there a way around this?

Works for now, thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we will include it in our next update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)