Home Forums WoodMart support forum 403 error when I update theme settings

403 error when I update theme settings

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

regularbounce
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve installed and configured WPML according to their documentation but I have an issue since:

All changes in the theme settings led me to a 403 forbidden error page.

Would you know why?

Hello,

Please check the issue on one of the default themes to understand where our theme causes the problem. We think it is a wrong URL configuration. If you see the same on a default theme, please contact WPML support on this issue.

Best Regards

regularbounce
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I’ve just gone through a complete support process with WPML team since I first though it was a compatibility issue with their plugin but the I still had the issue.

When I deactivate all of their plugins (so only woodmart themes plugins associated are activated now) I still have the same issue.

I revert to a default base theme with minimalist demo activated, and still that issue.

can you help, please?

Hello,

If you have the same issue on a default theme it means that the theme does not cause or influence the problem.

The problem can be solved by correct settings in WPML or correct URL settings on your hosting. Please contact your hosting support and WPML.

Best Regards

regularbounce
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I’m sorry for not explaining myself correctly.

I have that issue only with your theme, by default theme I meant the Base dummy content that your theme activate at the end of its installation.

WPML is no longer activated on the website, only your theme and your plugins linked and the issue is still here.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access and description step by step how can I reproduce the problem.

Best Regards

regularbounce
    Participant

I’ve made a total fresh install without WPML, only your theme and plugins associated are activated now.

Here are the credentials:

regularbounce
    Participant

Steps are simple: try to save any modification made in the theme settings.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of the site and update the theme, and check the issue. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/

Best Regards

regularbounce
    Participant

Hello,

Theme is updated but the issue remains.

Regards

Hello,

This error means that the hosting server blocks the page, please contact the hosting support on this issue.

Best Regards

regularbounce
    Participant

Indeed, they needed to whitelist mod_security rule then your theme worked as expected 🙂

Thank you for your patience.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘403 error when I update theme settings’ is closed to new replies.