Home Forums WoodMart support forum 404 Message – Home Page

404 Message – Home Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gladiium
    Participant

Hello, I made my homepage private for a few days, generating a 404 error as expected. Today I republished the page as public and I keep getting the error on Safari, Chrome & Firefox, latest versions of the browsers. I cleared local cache and the CDN to no avail. I also corrected an issue with the permalinks; but didn’t seem related. I’ve not touched the htaccess file. Please let me know what might be the issue and how best to attempt to resolve.

Thank you again for all your great support so far.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

gladiium
    Participant

Hello Artem, I tried changing themes. It would show a new theme when logged in; just like it shows the home page when logged in. But as soon as I log out at the admin; I get the Woodmart theme again and I still get the 404 error on the page. This happens whenever I’m not logged in. The site is not in maintenance mode; so I would imagine it’s some small code in one of the CSS, JS or other pages; htaccess, I’m not sure. I can’t find the line that would show that..

gladiium
    Participant

I have also noticed that none of my updates using my admin credentials are now showing up when I log out. I can apply the update within the site as ‘gladiiumstore’

However, when I log out it goes back to a view from sometime yesterday. And I’m seeing varying views depending on the browser type.

gladiium
    Participant

Hi Artem, I don’t know if you did anything to fix the issue. But everything miraculously seems to be working now!! Thank you for your follow up and support. It can be very frustrating trying to get to the needle in the haystack as we say. Thank you again!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘404 Message – Home Page’ is closed to new replies.