Home Forums WoodMart support forum Accesibility

Accesibility

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

hello i bought your theme for a new client and i recently started working on it.There are several accesibility issues and i did not find much in documentation.I plan to buy more licenses in the future, however i need to know about the options we have theme to be WCAG 2.1 COMPLIANT.fOR INSTANCE social media do not show text for screen readers and tried to make a copy of social code file in my child theme with no luck.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

There are a lot of factors that affect your website accessibility not only the theme. We are trying to fix all the issues reported by our customers but some problems might still arise. You can report them here and we will do our best to help you to fix them and include these fixes in our future releases.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

thank you very much I started working on it and u have done a really good work.Havent really go through all over it yet (such as mobile optimization) but i really like what i have seen so far.
    I m trying to optimize a few things relatively to accessibility on e of the first issues i m having is with the aria labels in share and follow social icons (if i scan the site through wave tool it is showing empty links in those icons).Same thing is for the scroll to top button, search button and the woodmart go back arrow (“wd-back-btn wd-action-btn wd-style-icon woodmart-back-btn”).In addition to that it identifies empty labels to price filters.Is it possible to get some help with that???
    Thanks again.I m hoping to sort these out and move on with more projects with you in the future.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

These buttons use icons instead of texts that is why they don’t have labels. Adding labels to them will change their appearance so you can do this for your website if you want.

Kind Regards

i want to add aria labels to them so they can show text on screen readers (not removing them)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can add them in the file woodmart/inc/functions.php for the back to top button function name woodmart_scroll_top_btn. And in the file woodmart/inc/shortcodes/social.php for social buttons.

thank you for your answer however my coding expertise is quite low.do you offer any services relatively?i mean sorting out html erros regarding accesibility guides?thank u

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We would be glad to help you, but, unfortunately, we are not available for customization service at the moment.

i am trying to find an answer to previous questions made in the support forum and realized that you do provide support to similar questions i made.but not mine…i tried changing code in inc with no luck…disappointing for a new customer

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us a link to the page where you have social buttons and a screenshot of where exactly added your attributes so we can check and help you.

https://jewelleryforus.com/ (is site link)

i made the change shown in attachment in social.php inside theme folder as advised

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin and FTP access so we can check the file.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin access as well. And use our Private content field to share this information with our team only.

Admin

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see any changes made in the woodmart/inc/shortcodes/social.php file. We have added this attribute to the Facebook icon as an example

https://monosnap.com/file/Spz89abSssZJO9rPfemUqgtJKyz3c5

unfortunately this solution doesnt seem to help passing wave’s tool errors
    still social icons title not showing for screen readers

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Let me know what else should be added there and we will help you to do this.

Dear Artem thank u for eplying i tried a few things my self with no luck and i have to move on since there are 2-3 more projects to start.
    i need icons (both follow and share and scroll ) to have an aria label like so i can pass wave tool errorless.Thus, aria hidden is not a solution cause we need screen readers to be able to read icons name (FB or else).
    Currently all appear as empty links

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to place some text inside the <a> tag with the button. Then check if it passes the test.

i finally added an aria-label and worked.however i want to ask if there is another way to do it.since every time an update occurs alla changs i assume will be lost?
    additionaly as concerns revolution slider if the plugin is active is loading an inline css script (can this by any mean removed or placed to header in order to comply with w3s validator rules???)
    thank u

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can copy the whole PHP function with social buttons to the functions.php file in the child theme to avoid this problem after the update.

Sorry, but if you need Slider Revolution then it is not possible to remove its inline scipts.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)