Home Forums WoodMart support forum Activate new tab after clicking the button on description page

Activate new tab after clicking the button on description page

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

addy
    Participant

Hello,

I want to activate the “additional product tab” when a button is clicked on the description page.

I already had this functionality working in 4.5.2 version of woodmart.

But today, I update to 7.0 and this functionality is no longer working.

We added the following code on a button (on Click)-

setTimeout(function() 
    	{ jQuery('.woodmart_additional_tab_tab').siblings().removeClass('active'); 
    	jQuery('.woodmart_additional_tab_tab').addClass('active'); 
    	var $tab = jQuery('.woodmart-tab-wrapper').find('a.active'); 
    	$tab.siblings('.wc-tab').hide(); 
    	jQuery('#tab-woodmart_additional_tab').show(); 
    	window.location = "#storereviewsblock"; }, 10); 

if(jQuery('.woocommerce-tabs .cr-reviews-slider .slick-active').width() <= 0) 
       	{ setTimeout(function () { if (jQuery('.woocommerce-tabs .cr-reviews-slider.slick-initialized:visible').length) 
       		{ jQuery('.cr-reviews-slider').slick('setPosition'); } }, 200); 
            goTo( $('#storereviewsblock') ); } function goTo(el) { $('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: el.offset().to

The above code was provided by your team 2 years ago and it has been working fine until today I updated the theme – https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/additional-tab-to-be-active-on-loading/#post-180397

Please let me know what needs to be changed.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by addy.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see, this code is different from the one provided in the previous topic. It looks like it was created by you or your developer and not by our support member.

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

It was slightly modified to suit our neeeds. But the heart of the code was provided by your support team and it is no longer working. I have only updated your theme and have not updated any other plugins. SO THE FAULT IS FROM YOUR THEME’S LATEST VERSION

So kindly provide the updated version of this part of code -https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/additional-tab-to-be-active-on-loading/#post-180397

Please help. Do not waste my time.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by addy.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, add the code that we gave in the previous topic on your website and send us a link to the page so we can check if it works.
    Note that we can help you only with the code that was provided by our team. Then you will slightly modify it to your needs.

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

Unfortunately, we cannot provide test website login at the moment as it is busy with some other functionalities.

Can’t you simply test this code by your support in your systems and provide me the updated code?

setTimeout(function() {
    	jQuery('.woodmart_additional_tab_tab').siblings().removeClass('active');
    }, 10);

Topic – https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/additional-tab-to-be-active-on-loading/#post-180397

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here is a working code

setTimeout(function() {
    jQuery('.additional_information_tab').siblings().removeClass('active');
    	jQuery('.additional_information_tab').addClass('active');
    	jQuery('.woocommerce-Tabs-panel').hide();
    	jQuery('#tab-additional_information').show();
    }, 10);

addy
    Participant

First of all,

I am not able to test.

We restored the old version and then tried to install the new version but this time it says error in installing the update

“An error occurred while updating Woodmart: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature”

We have put your license only on one website.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to do the following to update the theme:

1. Go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme License and deactivate the theme.

2. Go to Dashboard -> Updates and click on Check Again.

3. Activate the theme with your purchase code again.

4. Go to Dashboard -> Updates and click on Check Again.

5. Try to update the theme via Appearance -> Themes or via Dashboard -> Updates.

Regards

addy
    Participant

The code is working now. But it is not perfect.

1) The “additional tab” opens up. But instead we want to open “Store reviews” tab
    2) There should be some margin from the “top” so that the “tab” is visble on screen.

Testing instructions on private

addy
    Participant

I am waiting for your response ASAP

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The code works for the Additional information tab correctly on your website now. As for the custom button, it looks like you customized it. So now you need to take the code we gave you and add your custom functions.
    Sorry, but we don’t know how your custom code was supposed to work and can’t repair it since it has some broken JS.

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

Okay. I don’t know.

All I know is that everything was working fine until Woodmart 4.5.2

If you don’t believe me, you are free to intall 4.5.2.

I am giving you the admin access.

After login > go to HTML block >> Temporary blocks >> click edit >>> then find a green button “go to reviews”

You can test the result on this product page (Link in private)

When you open the button settings, scroll down to “onclick command”

This was the working code as of 4.5.2

setTimeout(function() 

{ setTimeout(function () { if (jQuery('.woocommerce-tabs .cr-reviews-slider.slick-initialized:visible').length) 
            goTo( $('#storereviewsblock') ); } function goTo(el) { $('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: el.offset().top + '-400px' }, 'slow'); }

Now, you provided the updated code. But it is working partially. So please check.

The purpose of the code it to open “Store reviews” tab when clicked on button. The bottom part of the code helps the reviews slider not break. This code was always been working. I have verified multiple times by restoring to woodmart 4.5.2

Please check
    Admin in private

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we never gave you this particular code. It is different from the one we sent. It means that this code is developed by you or your developer, right?

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

No. 2 years ago, we discussed about this in email when my support expired.

1) The first part of the code is given by you.
    2) The second part of the code was given by “Customer reviews plugin”

But again, everything was working fine until Woodmart 4.5.2.

The latest version of woodmart screwed up so it is also your responsibility to provide a fix.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to contact your plugin developer for help on the second part. The first one works fine and we are not responsible for any third-party codes provided by plugin developers. Even if they don’t work after the theme update.

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

No. The first part is not working.

It is not opening the “Store reviews ” Tab.

Kindly don’t try to find excuses not to deal with this . It is not helping any of us.

addy
    Participant

and why should I contact the “customer reviews plugin?

I didn’t updated their plugin since the last time they provided the solution for your theme.

I ONLY updated your theme so you can only provide the solution.

That’s why I keep auto-updates OFF and I update one by one to track who’s fault it is .

Kindly check the code and help provide the fix.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, here is a code that opens your custom tab instead of “additional information”

setTimeout(function() {
        jQuery('.wd_additional_tab_tab').siblings().removeClass('active');
    	jQuery('.wd_additional_tab_tab').addClass('active');
    	jQuery('.woocommerce-Tabs-panel').hide();
    	jQuery('.woocommerce-Tabs-panel--wd_additional_tab').show();
    }, 10);

addy
    Participant

Can you think of the code in the same approach as you did 2 years ago?

Because I think the second part of the code is dependent on that variable you created in first part.

Which variable? – See screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tried to test it one more time on your website but tabs don’t work at all now. It looks like some other error on your website. Could you please check it and send us a link where we can test the code with working tabs?

addy
    Participant

Tabs are not working because I added the code you provided.

Remove the code from the button and the tabs will work.

You can test the link in private

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see the following text when trying to open the provided link Site restoration in progress, please visit that website a bit later, thank you! :)

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

Please watch a 45 second video recording (Audio ON as I explain live demonstration).

Summary of above video: The button functionality stops working if you update woodmart 4.5.2 to 7.0

All faults to woodmart latest version. You are free to update woodmart to latest version and provide a solution..

Do not update anything else such as plugin.

Please find the login details in Private

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We understood the problem already and described to you why it doesn’t work. All we want to do now is to provide you with a part of the code that you took from the previous topic that will work with the new version of the theme. After this, you will be able to slightly modify it to your needs as you did already.

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

I don’t know. I want the entire code to be working.

I gave you the screenrecording and admin access proving that “our code” is working in woodmart 4.5.2. But it is not in 7.0. Please take full responsibility to fix the entire code

setTimeout(function() 

goTo( $('#storereviewsblock') ); } function goTo(el) { $('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: el.offset().top + '-400px' }, 'slow'); }

I want above functionality to be working in woodmart 7.0

Kindly use your expertise. it might be hardly less than 5 minutes for you. Do not make excuses. All the faults are of the latest version of theme. Not the third party plugin.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, update the theme to the latest version and we will check why our part of the code doesn’t work.

Kind Regards

addy
    Participant

1) First check the live functionality and understand the above working code. ( it is working on 4.5.2)
    2) Update the theme yourself to 7.0 ( you have the admin access)
    3) You will then notice that the above code doesn’t works as it is working in 4.5.2

This way, you will better observe.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We saw how it works already. Please, update the theme and remove the old code so we can check the new one that we already sent you previously in this message https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/activate-new-tab-after-clicking-the-button-on-description-page/#post-423639

addy
    Participant

I have now updated the theme to 7.0
    The code is not working now.

Please check and provide a solution.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

When we try to edit the button in the product description we see the infinite loading https://gyazo.com/148a35ea6d8882d5b9ba27b1f5251234
    Could you please check it from your end and let us know how to edit this button and test the code?

Kind Regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Activate new tab after clicking the button on description page’ is closed to new replies.