Home Forums Basel support forum Affiliate links open to a new tab (external products – woocommerce)

Affiliate links open to a new tab (external products – woocommerce)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Bessa222
    Participant

Hi I work with a similar theme whose external product links open on a new tab.

Could you please provide the code for this change?

I know there is a plugin that may or may not work, but I do not want to rely on a plugin that may not be updated to make what I consider is an imperative element to an external affiliate link. I would make a suggestion as to include this option in a further release.

Many thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Since this functionality comes with WooCommerce we are not able to implement your request in our theme core. We don’t have a code snippet for this but we suggest you to use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-improved-external-products/

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Bessa222
    Participant

Ok the plugin works for products in the product page.

However, it does not seem to work for the affiliate products that have been put in the wishlist? Is there a way to have these external product links open in a new tab without having all the products open in new tabs? (and if the later, how would I go about adding the _blank sequence to the wishlist button ?

Many thanks,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but this question is more related to additional customization of the wishlist plugin and it is out of our support scope. We don’t have instructions for this request.

Kind Regards

Bessa222
    Participant

Ok…

But this is not opening my in my shop archive page (as in my main shop page)

So if I am on the product page it works fine, but on the actual shop when I click on buy button it opens in the same tab ?

Can you please support me on this.

thank you

Bessa222
    Participant

Also…

In the setting for Hover on product = Base it appears that the add to cart button has been set to display:hidden

Is this the plugin? Because if the add to cart button was just set to open in new tab for external products, then this would be great !

thank you

Bessa222
    Participant

…(continued)

I mainly have an issue with the support you are providing as I have used Claue before for sites and their external button is a new tab. This comes set as standard with the theme. See here…

http://janstudio.net/claue/demo/product/leather-white-trainers/

I purchased Basel believing that this setting would be standard (it is for all types of affiliate, marketplace sites)

While the plugin you have suggested does set this to work, it also kills the theme and as mentioned above hides button. On the shop main page the external buy button is not an external link.

I find it hard as to why Basel does not have this, when a theme who is a competitor and also from what I believe a less mature and complete theme.

I REALLY think this ought to be within your support, otherwise you should remove the EXTERNAL PRODUCT example from your demo as it is not a true reflection of how this ought to work in the real world !

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you able to provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check what is wrong there and try to make affiliate products open in a new tab for the archive page?

Regards

Bessa222
    Participant

see below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, we mean an FTP access to your server so we would be able to edit your plugin and theme files and try to find a solution.

Bessa222
    Participant

see below again

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The FTP access seems to be incorrect since we can’t connect. Dashboard access is not right also since we don’t have admin rights.

Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)