Home Forums Basel support forum After WooCommerce 3.0.x update I can't edit product variations

After WooCommerce 3.0.x update I can't edit product variations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AtelierAlves
    Participant

Hi,

I just updated Basel to 3.2 and Woocommerce directly from 2.6.4 to 3.0.8 and just found out product variations are no longer possible to edit, they keep on loading forever (attachment 1)…

Is this a common issue after such updates? How can I solve it?

Also, there’s something weird happening on one of my products, even though I created it exactly like the others, somehow the color swatch doesn’t show the product miniatures as I predifined to all products (attachment 2). Any idea why that’s happening?

Thanks you so much for your time!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please check is it caused by our theme? Switch to default theme and see. Seems to be an issue caused by some of plugins installed, not by our theme.

As for variable products, seems that you didn’t create it right. Could you please send us a link where we can see it? And your admin access, please.

Regards

AtelierAlves
    Participant

Hi,

I figured I couldn’t edit variations because of an issue with Ultimate Addons for VC plugin.

I sure hope I didn’t create the product right, but I’m afraid it has to do with the number of variations… With 11 sizes and 6, 5, 4 or 3 colors it doesn’t show the miniatures, but if I decrease the number of colors to just two, they show perfectly… and it’s happening to other products with a high number of variations too. Also, in the shop catalog the miniatures show perfectly as well.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your FTP access so we can check it?

AtelierAlves
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

The website is in the main wordpress instalation and please be careful!

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we have fixed it for you in the child theme. Please, check.

AtelierAlves
    Participant

Thank you SO much! It’s working perfectly!

Is this a fix you guys will be adding in next updates?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we will consider adding it. But firstly, we need to investigate the solution and test it more deeply.

johnzell
    Participant

could you please provide me with this updated code for the child theme? I have a number of customers we used this theme with that need this fixed ASAP!!! Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, here is a file basel-child/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php

<?php
    /**
     * Variable product add to cart
     * This template can be overridden by copying it to yourtheme/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php.
     * HOWEVER, on occasion WooCommerce will need to update template files and you (the theme developer).
     * will need to copy the new files to your theme to maintain compatibility. We try to do this.
     * as little as possible, but it does happen. When this occurs the version of the template file will.
     * be bumped and the readme will list any important changes.
     * @see 	http://docs.woothemes.com/document/template-structure/
     * @author  WooThemes
     * @package WooCommerce/Templates
     * @version 3.0.0
     */

if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    	exit;
    }

global $product;

$swatches_use_variation_images = basel_get_opt( 'swatches_use_variation_images' );

$grid_swatches_attribute = basel_grid_swatches_attribute();

$attribute_keys = array_keys( $attributes );

do_action( 'woocommerce_before_add_to_cart_form' ); ?>

<form class="variations_form cart" method="post" enctype='multipart/form-data' data-product_id="<?php echo absint( $product->get_id() ); ?>" data-product_variations="<?php echo htmlspecialchars( json_encode( $available_variations ) ) ?>">
    	<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_before_variations_form' ); ?>

<?php if ( empty( $available_variations ) && false !== $available_variations ) : ?>
    		<p class="stock out-of-stock"><?php _e( 'This product is currently out of stock and unavailable.', 'woocommerce' ); ?></p>
    	<?php else : ?>
    		<?php 
    		 ?>
    		<table class="variations" cellspacing="0">
    			<tbody>
    				<?php $loop = 0; foreach ( $attributes as $attribute_name => $options ) : $loop++; ?>
    					<?php 
    						if ( false == $available_variations ) $available_variations = $product->get_available_variations();

$swatches = basel_has_swatches( $product->get_id(), $attribute_name, $options, $available_variations, $swatches_use_variation_images);
    					 ?>
    					<tr>
    						<td class="label"><label for="<?php echo sanitize_title( $attribute_name ); ?>"><?php echo wc_attribute_label( $attribute_name ); ?></label></td>
    						<td class="value <?php if ( ! empty( $swatches ) ): ?>with-swatches<?php endif; ?>">
    							<?php if ( ! empty( $swatches ) ): ?>
    								<div class="swatches-select" data-id="<?php echo esc_attr( sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ); ?>">
    									<?php
    										if ( is_array( $options ) ) {

if ( isset( $_REQUEST[ 'attribute_' . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) ) {
    												$selected_value = $_REQUEST[ 'attribute_' . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ];
    											} elseif ( isset( $selected_attributes[ sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) ) {
    												$selected_value = $selected_attributes[ sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ];
    											} else {
    												$selected_value = '';
    											}

// Get terms if this is a taxonomy - ordered
    											if ( taxonomy_exists( $attribute_name ) ) {

$terms = wc_get_product_terms( $product->get_id(), $attribute_name, array( 'fields' => 'all' ) );

$swatch_size = basel_wc_get_attribute_term( $attribute_name, 'swatch_size' );

$_i = 0;
    												$options_fliped = array_flip( $options );
    												foreach ( $terms as $term ) {
    													if ( ! in_array( $term->slug, $options ) ) {
    														continue;
    													}
    													$key = $options_fliped[$term->slug];

$style = '';
    													$class = 'basel-swatch basel-tooltip ';
    													if( ! empty( $swatches[$key]['color'] )) {
    														$class .= ' colored-swatch';
    														$style = 'background-color:' .  $swatches[$key]['color'];
    													} else if( ! empty( $swatches[$key]['image'] )) {
    														$class .= ' image-swatch';
    														$style = 'background-image: url(' . $swatches[$key]['image'] . ')';
    													} else if( ! empty( $swatches[$key]['not_dropdown'] ) ) {
    														$class .= ' text-only';
    													}

if( $swatches_use_variation_images && $grid_swatches_attribute == $attribute_name && isset( $swatches[$key]['image_src'] ) ) {
    														$thumb = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $swatches[$key]['variation_id'] ), 'shop_thumbnail');
    														$style = 'background-image: url(' . $thumb[0] . ')';
    														$class .= 'variation-image-used image-swatch ';
    													}

$class .= ' swatch-size-' . $swatch_size;

echo '<div class="' . esc_attr( $class ) . '" data-value="' . esc_attr( $term->slug ) . '" ' . selected( sanitize_title( $selected_value ), sanitize_title( $term->slug ), false ) . ' style="' . esc_attr( $style ) .'">' . apply_filters( 'woocommerce_variation_option_name', $term->name ) . '</div>';

$_i++;
    												}

} else {

foreach ( $options as $option ) {
    													echo '<div data-value="' . esc_attr( sanitize_title( $option ) ) . '" ' . selected( sanitize_title( $selected_value ), sanitize_title( $option ), false ) . '>' . esc_html( apply_filters( 'woocommerce_variation_option_name', $option ) ) . '</div>';
    												}

}
    										}
    									?>

</div>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php
    								$selected = isset( $_REQUEST[ 'attribute_' . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) ? wc_clean( stripslashes( urldecode( $_REQUEST[ 'attribute_' . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) ) ) : $product->get_variation_default_attribute( $attribute_name );
    								wc_dropdown_variation_attribute_options( array( 'options' => $options, 'attribute' => $attribute_name, 'product' => $product, 'selected' => $selected ) );
    								echo end( $attribute_keys ) === $attribute_name ? apply_filters( 'woocommerce_reset_variations_link', '<a class="reset_variations" href="#">' . esc_html__( 'Clear', 'woocommerce' ) . '</a>' ) : '';
    							?>

</td>
    					</tr>
    		        <?php endforeach;?>
    			</tbody>
    		</table>

<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_before_add_to_cart_button' ); ?>

<div class="single_variation_wrap">
    			<?php
    				/**
    				 * woocommerce_before_single_variation Hook
    				 */
    				do_action( 'woocommerce_before_single_variation' );

/**
    				 * woocommerce_single_variation hook. Used to output the cart button and placeholder for variation data.
    				 * @since 2.4.0
    				 * @hooked woocommerce_single_variation - 10 Empty div for variation data.
    				 * @hooked woocommerce_single_variation_add_to_cart_button - 20 Qty and cart button.
    				 */
    				do_action( 'woocommerce_single_variation' );

/**
    				 * woocommerce_after_single_variation Hook
    				 */
    				do_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_variation' );
    			?>
    		</div>

<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_after_add_to_cart_button' ); ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_after_variations_form' ); ?>
    </form>

<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_after_add_to_cart_form' ); ?>

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)