Home Forums WoodMart support forum Bug AJAX preselect automatically a variation by default instead of the main im

Bug AJAX preselect automatically a variation by default instead of the main im

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lenamtl
    Participant

Hi,

I found a bug

AJAX preselect automatically a product variation by default instead of the main image.

-I cannot give you access to the installation
    -Yes I have disabled other extensions
    -I’m not using any cache
    -I’m have cleared the browser cache completely during my tests

I’m using variation swatch image from your theme similare to the glassed demo but i’m not using the slider, I’m using the default hover to display.

To reproduce :
    create new attribute and add item & attribute swatch image
    create new variable product, add main product image, add all attribute, create product variation for all attibute, add image for variation and set the price
    Save

We now need to add a new variation image to an existing product variation

Go back to attibute, add a new item to the existing attibute we just created earlier, add an image swatch for this attribute.

Go back to product we just created earlier, add the new attriubute, create variation for all attribute, add the image for this variation and other info price etc.
    Save

Go to the single product page we just created, we see the main product image only 1 second and it display by default the latest variation automatically is preselected but this should show the main image as we have not select any variation yet

The other bug is still not fixed
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/bug-with-product-page-hover-variation-swatch-images/

Hope you will fixed these 2 bugs soon.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We can’t reproduce this issue on our side. Could you please send us your website access or link to the page where we can see this? Or record a video that demonstrates this problem.

Kind Regards

lenamtl
    Participant

I will record a video and do more investigation and get back to you asap

lenamtl
    Participant

Hi,
    I found the error in DB table ach_postmeta
    So if I understand it correctly
    the main product have 2 images 7000 is the main product image 7902 is th attribut image was silently added to the main product
    a:1:{s:14:"7000";s:4:"7902";}

So I don’t know what happened but when I added the attribute image it seems to add the attribute image to the main product too but only in DB as there was just one main product image for this product in the backend.

And because the image was one of the attribute this image was preselected instead of the main image.

I don’t know how your ajax determine the main image to display …
    Anyhow, I have manually edit the DB entry to fix it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Strange, but there is no such issue on our side. Anyway, if it happens again, please, contact us and provide us your website information so could test this problem.

Kind Regards

lenamtl
    Participant

Hi,

I just figure out how to reproduce the problem

To reproduce the case :

Add a few variation to a product that have a product image. = ok
    The next day add a new variation to this product
    In variation tab add variation (create variation from attribut)
    Then after that the new product will be auto selected as form default product… = not ok

So this variation image will be preselected instead of the main product image … = not ok

To fix this issue I have to set it to none.

Hope this will help someone else…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you sorted it out. And thank you for posting your solution here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)