Home Forums WoodMart support forum Button Text Color

Button Text Color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

joemnm
    Participant

How can I change the text color of a button? I see that you have pointed people to the “advanced typography” section of the theme settings for this and provided the link to the documentation for it, but I still dont understand how to use it. I dont understand why button text is not an option to edit, besides just light and dark. The dark text is actually grey. I need it black. I tried the advanced typography section and set it up as seen in the attached screenshot, but when I enter “.custom-black-button-text” in the extra class name section of the button and it does nothing.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I saw the screenshot you attached. You need to target the correct class to make the text change using the advanced typography. It seems that you are not trying to target the correct class that’s why it is not working.

Please provide the URL of the page with a relevant screenshot of the button you want to change the text color to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studios.

joemnm
    Participant

Sure thing, here is a URL with an example button:

https://trustbrotherscbd.com/button-example/

I have set up a new “custom selector” rule in advanced typography called “.example-class”. Please see attached for a screenshot of the rule setup, as well as a screenshot of the button setup.

You will see on the URL that the text did successfully change to the correct font that I have set up in advanced typography, but the color did not. I have the color set to #dd3333, a bright red, but the text on the button is still the default #333333. I really need to be able to change the color of the text. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I saw the screenshots you attached.

Please try adding the following Custom CSS in the Global Custom CSS area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

a.btn.example-class {
    	color: #dd3333;
    }

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studios.

joemnm
    Participant

Hello,

Excellent thank you, that works.

Any plans to include button text color as an option that doesn’t require custom coding in the future? I love your theme and would love to see this feature in the next update.

Thanks again

Most Welcome!!!.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

I am forwarding this as a feature request to our development department for considering adding it to the theme, but I am not giving you the guarantee for that because please note that a theme cannot satisfy all requirements as it may occur theme heaviness. Sometimes it may require your own customization. So if the development department finds it fit with the theme environment then surely they will look through it.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Button Text Color’ is closed to new replies.