Home Forums Basel support forum Cart empty only inside Index

Cart empty only inside Index

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hi there,

I got an issue with the Index. The cart remains empty only there and not inside others pages. Why?

Many thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We don’t know why but the Session Storage in the browser is empty on your home page. Could you please try to disable all additional plugins installed to see which one causes the issue? You can also check with default Storefront theme to see if it is our theme issue or not.

Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Our cart inside index remains still empty. Have you read something about from some other customers?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Such kind of issues is usually caused by some kind of cache from the server side or from some installed plugins.

Giulio
    Participant

I contacted a Codeable team that asked me 240 euros to investigate with this problem. To start they told me that there is a issue with function.js of the theme. Are you sure that this issue not regard the theme?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In such situations, we always ask customers to check how it works with default WordPress theme (in your situation with Storefront) to make sure that this theme is caused by our theme. And as we can see from our conversation you told that it still not working. And now you write about our functions.js file that can’t cause the issue when you use other themes. So we are a bit confused now. Did you check the problem without extra plugins and with Storefront as we asked initially?

Regards

Giulio
    Participant

I created a staging site, disabled all extra plugins, but the cart widget is always off inside the index. Could you take a look please? Let me know your mail please.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you try to check how it works with default WordPress theme as we asked also?

Giulio
    Participant

How I can test it with default theme? Is not the cart widget a part of your theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This widget comes with WooCommerce plugin. It works in the same way on WooCommerce Storefront theme for example. Or you can add this widget to your sidebar in Appearance -> Widgets.

Giulio
    Participant

So I should see this also in the default theme?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, you will find a similar widget with Storefront theme.

Giulio
    Participant

I’m not finding anything like that. Could you help me please? I have these themes: Twenty 15, 16 and 17.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Giulio
    Participant

Ok, it works with this theme and all plugins actived. Why the cart doesn’t work only with your theme (only inside the index)? 😭

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, so now please provide us the admin access so we can check it also. And describe the steps how do you check this problem on both themes.

Giulio
    Participant

Your mail please. You should simply see the index. The shopping cart remains empty. Please it is a staging site, so do not disable plugins to stop mails.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can send your information using the private content field. And we will need to check it both without extra plugins and with default WordPress theme.

Giulio
    Participant

It not needs to disable the plugin that stop mails. So please do not disable it. As I told the shopping cart slide works only with Storefront theme, with or without plugins. Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We can’t login.

Giulio
    Participant

Try again please.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need to disable all installed plugins for a few minutes.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

And please, update the theme to the latest version and provide us your FTP access.

Giulio
    Participant

I need your IP.

Giulio
    Participant

I’ll update, but not now. It is not related to this issue 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But how you may know that it is not related to update issue? 🙂 We have to be sure that our theme files are not changed. So it would be better to upload a new version.
    We found that WooCommerce JS file with cart fragments script is not included when our theme is activated https://gyazo.com/a14c8d7fe22cf0a6f7f695751c286025
    But we can’t remove it so it may be a problem that you have outdated theme files or modified them.

Giulio
    Participant

Please, do not disable Stop Emails. Follow Up Mails will could send AGAIN a lot of mails. Please remember also to work inside staging site directory.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, don’t forget to update the theme.

Giulio
    Participant

Please do not activate again also Google Analytics 😕

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)