Home Forums WoodMart support forum Category Page Load More & Filter Errors

Category Page Load More & Filter Errors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I reached out to you a while back about some issues I encountered on my website pertaining to the images not fully showing up on the category pages sometimes. Even after updating the theme, the issue is still happening at random, not all the time you test it out though. I’m also aware of the amount of images per category, so it’s easier for me to recognize the issue when it’s happening, that others may not seem to even notice at all. And this happened also when I used Incognito or cleared my cache, and even if I didn’t, this still shouldn’t be happening. But anyway, At this point I would like to try another option. I also noticed that the “Load More Products” button only appears after every 15 products, even though the number filter options on top says 9, 24, 36. This too seems not to be consistent or working properly either. Sometimes one of the numbers would be bolder than the other two numbers, indicating the amount of images to be seen on the page each time you would click the Load More button, but other times none of the numbers would become bold, and that’s when it would show 15 images at a time.

My question is, would it be possible to disable the numbers 9, 24, 36 from displaying on top of the category pages? And would it also be possible to show any amount of images other than just 15, or any numbers other than 9, 24 or 36? If so, how would I be able to achieve those things?

If not, then I would just like to use the Infinite Scrolling option. How would I be able to enable that feature? I would just like to know all the options, and if there are other ways to deal with these issues once and for all. Thanks.

Hello,

As for the images, have you enabled lazy loading? If you have tried, please deactivate and check.

Regarding the second question, you can find all the options in the Theme Settings > Product archives > Product Grid: https://gyazo.com/22599f12fe47920bb142ed9d39cae2df

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to send me that video clip. I was just not really sure if you covered in the video clip, one of the other things I inquired about. I also wanted to know how to enable Infinite scrolling instead of using the load more button?

And if I keep seeing the same loading errors after infinite scrolling, how do I switch to using the regular number buttons at the bottom of the category pages to skip to the next or previous page?

Also, when you asked if I used Lazy load, what is that for exactly, because I’m completely ignorant to most of the setups of the website, and all the technicalities? I had a developer setup the website for me, and I don’t know how anything was done or what was enabled or disabled. If possible, please check the site for me to see if lazy load was activated like you asked.

I would like to better understand those 3 above questions to see if I could come up with a solution to the problem, if one of the options I try doesn’t work out. By the way, I changed the login credentials to the main site if you rather check that one, which is left down below, but if you rather check the staging site, the login for that is still the same as before. Thanks.

Hello,

You can switch between pagination or load more in the Theme Settings > Product Archives > Product Grid, you need to scroll to the bottom.

Please advise how I can see the problem with infinite scrolling. I have enabled Infinite scrolling and I do not see any errors: https://gyazo.com/3d3ba8d5c84d2d45074c334d1f3b7a35 and I check console: https://gyazo.com/a2315c5fd89502c36e01846ccaab793a

Best Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I guess you misunderstood why I was inquiring about Infinite scrolling. I wasn’t saying that I experienced any issues with Infinite scrolling, because I never used it before. I just wanted to know how I could enable it if I was still experiencing the issues on the category pages when the “Load More Products” is there.

The original problem I’ve been experiencing for months now on the category pages, is that all the products under the category pages wouldn’t show up under their categories sometimes. It happens at random, not all the time you go to a category page. I know how many products are under each category, so I can easily recognize when the issue is occurring. While someone else looking into the matter may not easily recognize it.

Another clue is that after only just entering a category page, and not even seeing nor clicking the Load More button, I would look up at the URL in that page, then noticed that it would have a page number in the URL that is higher than page 1. That shouldn’t be if I didn’t even see nor clicked on the Load More Products button. Clicking the Load More button each time would usually make the page number go up higher each click, but if I just only entered the page and not even clicked on the button, the page number should not get higher than the first page.

I think when the error is occurring, only the last set of images would show up under a category page, because I usually wouldn’t see the Load More button, and that should only occur when you’re viewing the last set of images under a category, or if the number of images under a category is less than the number setup to be viewed at a time on a page. And at the same time, the URL would be higher than the first page. I hope I explained it a little better for you now. Thanks.

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I was uploading some new photos to my website, then decided to check the mobile view to see how the photos looked, then I saw that a large chunk of the images weren’t loading to the category pages I went on. I’ve never experienced this before, today is actually the first time I’m seeing this sort of thing on the category pages, despite the other issues I countered on the page. Now, all I see are the product names minus their images. And I used Incognito when viewing the website when I this. I was just wondering, were you testing something out on the website, that may have possibly contributed to this happening? Please see the screenshots I took. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I guess you misunderstood why I was inquiring about Infinite scrolling. I wasn’t saying that I experienced any issues with Infinite scrolling, because I never used it before. I just wanted to know how I could enable it if I was still experiencing the issues on the category pages when the “Load More Products” is there.

The original problem I’ve been experiencing for months now on the category pages, is that all the products under the category pages wouldn’t show up under their categories sometimes. It happens at random, not all the time you go to a category page. I know how many products are under each category, so I can easily recognize when the issue is occurring. While someone else looking into the matter may not easily recognize it.

Another clue is that after only just entering a category page, and not even seeing nor clicking the Load More button, I would look up at the URL in that page, then noticed that it would have a page number in the URL that is higher than page 1. That shouldn’t be if I didn’t even see nor clicked on the Load More Products button. Clicking the Load More button each time would usually make the page number go up higher each click, but if I just only entered the page and not even clicked on the button, the page number should not get higher than the first page.

I think when the error is occurring, only the last set of images would show up under a category page, because I usually wouldn’t see the Load More button, and that should only occur when you’re viewing the last set of images under a category, or if the number of images under a category is less than the number setup to be viewed at a time on a page. And at the same time, the URL would be higher than the first page. I hope I explained it a little better for you now. Thanks.

Hello,

You can use either Load more or Infinite scrolling or pagination, but not both or all at the same time.

Please check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem.

You have set the number or items per page in the Theme settings and the first portion of products meet this number, when you press “Load more”, next number of products is loaded.

As for the images, please clear the cache and check the issue again.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)