Home Forums Basel support forum Checkout field Hidden when "Deliver to a different address" is selected

Checkout field Hidden when "Deliver to a different address" is selected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sovrgn
    Participant

Hi Support –

I have an issue which i am presuming is a theme display issue with the checkout page of the Woocommerce plugin.

I have a custom field that is created when an EU country is selected in the billing address. This field is automatically created using the EU VAT checker plugin. Their support explains that the plugin ONLY checks VAT numbers, but does not do anything further regarding modifying/adding to the website (other than this field).

The field is visible when the “Deliver to a different address” is unchecked – however when it is checked, the field is hidden. EU VAT is only applicable to the billing section, so selecting the checkbox would not change this requirement.

This field is required, hence an error message to input a number into the field – which is not visible if shipping to a different address is checked. I would also mention that there are two additional custom fields that have been added: PO Number and Phone number for carrier as can be seen in the screenshots.

Please advise on how to keep this field visible when the check box is selected.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

sovrgn
    Participant

Hi Artem

I checked with a different theme, namely the twentysixteen and it shows the field when the option is selected.

I see that once that was checked, and the theme reverted back to the Basil theme, it seems to now display.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we are glad that you solved it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)