Home Forums WoodMart support forum Custom Post Type plugin and Theme Features

Custom Post Type plugin and Theme Features

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hey there, I’ve installed the CPTUI plugin, and the new posts don’t feature the regular Woodmart Theme elements that are on the other Pages/Posts – the Page Settings box (which lets you edit the Header, Page Title, Sidebar Footer, etc).

Is it possible to enable this on a new post type?

Thanks!

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

Thanks for reaching to us and take our apologies for the long delay in answering.

CPT plugin helps you to create Post Types only, while it requires customization to add Page Settings to these, which is outside the scope of our basic support.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hi there, that’s a bit disappointing, but thanks for clarifying. Would be nice to have this functionality. I’m working with a shelter, and am looking to set up profiles, and list the adoptable animals.

I’ve been digging more into the support docs, and found that there’s a similar degree of customization with the Portfolio section. Just to clarify, does it function similarly? I can customize the slug and URL so it could say ‘Adoptables’ or something similar?

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hey again, so I’ve given the Portfolio/Projects section a try, and it’s partially working.

When I edit a Project, I’ve got the header option, which is great.

I’ve used the slug ‘animals’, and that’s working with the Archive (see link in the hidden section.)

However if you try clicking on the Project/Animal entry, it comes up with a 404 error. (Same with the other demo Projects.)

I’ve tried the ‘Save Permalinks’ save a couple times, but not having much luck, not sure why those posts aren’t showing, thanks!

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) and screenshots that illustrate to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hi there, thanks!

Login is in the private area, I’m not sure what you mean by screenshots, I think it’s pretty obvious what’s happening if you click the URL.

The ‘Portfolio’ page appears to load fine, however when you click on any of the items, it gives a 404 error. I’ve supplied that URL as well.

Thanks for your help in getting those portfolio/project pages to load.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

Thanks for details.

I disabled Portfolio post type from Jetpack plugin https://prnt.sc/sBZdhDPiWNUQ and it worked again https://prnt.sc/dVXEm-pP3xb2

Regards,

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Oh geez, thanks – might be handy to add that to the Portfolio help docs:

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/portfolio/

Another question on this – I’ve edited the page and added some text to the top of the page (with WPBakery), however it’s not appearing on the page itself. Any insight there?

Thanks!

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me screenshots that illustrate to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Thanks – so in the private area is a link to the Projects/Portfolio page, and attached are two screenshots.

The first screenshot shows that I’ve added a text box to the top of the page. Basic stuff.

The second shows that the text is not appearing atop the Project/Portfolio page.

Thanks again!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

You set this page as Portfolio Archive page, so you can not edit with Page Builder, or add content to it as well.

It requires customization to modify Portfolio page. Let me know if you need further helps.

Regards,

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Can this be a feature request?

It’d be helpful to be able to edit the Archive page similar to how you can for Products or Blogs.

I do have another question! On the Portfolia archive page the text shows the Title (which is good), as well as the Category. For example in the demo data you have “Suspendisse quam at vestibulum” as the title, and “Kitchen” as the Category displayed on the Archive page.

Is it possible to remove or hide the Category from those entries on the Archive page? (So you don’t see ‘Kitchen’, but just see ‘Suspendisse quam at vestibulum’.)

You can see this on the Demo site here: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/portfolio/

When you hover over, it says the Category, like Kitchen. Is it possible to hide ‘Kitchen’ from the Archive summary posts? Attached an image for clarity.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

1. Archive pages, not just Portfolio, are usually non-editable via Page Builders. You can read more here https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Archive_Index

2. Please add the following Custom CSS code to Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global Custom CSS:

.wd-project .wrap-meta{
    	display: none;
    }

Regards,

DaveShishkoff
    Participant

Hey again, thanks for that link, good to know. I’ll just stick with a custom page and use the different archive feed options to present our Portfolio posts.

CSS worked like a charm, thank you for that, even the formatting looks good!

Another request – some of the other terms on the page say ‘Project’ instead of the slug I’d like, for example it says “Load More Projects” on the button.

Is it possible to replace ‘Projects’ with a different word, or just have it say ‘Load More’ without ‘Projects’ on there?

Thanks again, nearly have it how I’d like!!

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi DaveShishkoff,

Thanks for reaching to us.

In order to change / translate words. Please make sure you synced the strings first before translating WooCommerce, WoodMart Core plugins and WoodMart theme. You can refer to article https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/theme-translation/

Best Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)