Home Forums WoodMart support forum Customizations and advice needed – Shop Filter, Compare Icon bug, Translate. etc

Customizations and advice needed – Shop Filter, Compare Icon bug, Translate. etc

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

abrahampark2000
    Participant

Hello, I need some few customizations for my website and need your advice and little bit of help.

1. I created other product archive layouts for my product categories. This is why I created my other widget areas through codes. I added that to my functions.php code.
    My categories are winter, summer and all season tires. I am making website for my clients and they are having car tire shop.
    After editing filtering seems to work, just what I noticed is that its not fully ajax. I guess I might need to apply code and customization for the ajax filtering with my sidebar. On my product layout page I created the widget areas where I added my widgets for the category. Then on my product archive layout I chode for the sidebar my named wiget areas.
    If you could tell me where I can find the code where you are using ajax and how to implement it, I can do it by myself! I am developer after all so I know how to code.

Here´s video: https://www.veed.io/view/e993b517-909d-4b24-95bb-350d24e26be4?panel=share

2. As you can see on my header (sending my screenshots on my files) my compare icon doesnt appear even tho on my elementor editor its showing, but on my live site its not appearing. Could you tell my why its happening? On your demo page its working finely. I am also sending screenshots.

3. I need to translate few things on my website such as compare page or I need to edit on product grid icon text as quick view or compare to my own language. How can I do that? I am also sending screenshots.

4. On my homepage I have product filter section, but one column on mobile disappears, How can I make it show even on mobile? On desktop everything is fine.

On attachments there are my screenshots. If anything needed, feel free to contact me!

My clients are happy with theme! Thank you so much for the previous help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

abrahampark2000
    Participant

Ok I found the way how to translate the site, so thats ok. You can ignore the 3rd request

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. There is no Ajax on product filters, there is a library that completely changes the content of the page when a filter is activated, so could you clarify what exactly you do not like about the operation of these filters, because your video is not very informative.

2. It’s our bug and in the next update it will be fixed. In order to fix it now, please navigate to Theme Settings -> Performance -> CSS -> connect the “Header base elements” in the “Styles always loads”:

https://monosnap.com/file/lynBEbU2UHnTtMuUeuxanu1J0oOqf4

4. I have reupdate the page and it started to work well, here is a screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/ctGdKUAc4Mlq

Kind Regards

abrahampark2000
    Participant

Ok thank you so much for the answer. The second and forth got resolved.

I will try to explain that from the beginning.

I have my shop page labeled as “Pneumatiky” and on that site everything is fully ajax, so the filter is loading on that same page, there is loading icon for that which is what I want.

I also created other page layouts for my categories and that are summer tires (letní pneumatiky), winter tires (zimní pneumatiky) and then all season tires (celoroční pneumatiky).

Here I need to load the page of that category with my all product attribute filters, EXCEPT one and that is SEASON (SEZÓNA) since there is already chosed category/attribute of that.

This means that when I have my winter tire page, then after loading there should be the product loaded that are chooses for tis category/attribute. So it worked when I installed on my product archive layouts to sidebar that widget areas I created. But there was one problem that it was not fully ajax as if it was on my main shop page “Pneumatiky”. Filter worked, but it was not ajax, it redirected instead loading other product.

What I am trying to solve it that for each product category/attribute page there would be loaded only product that are assigned to that.
    My attributes are:
    – width (šířka)
    – profile (profil)
    – diameter (průměr)
    – Index (same)
    – season (sezóna)
    – condition (stav)
    – brand (značka)

Also I have one good feature I found from woodmart.
    On my front page I have my page “brands” widget throught elementor and there are my brands to that tires. When I click on the brand logo, I am redirect to my product archive page of all products to that brand.

Here I am sending my video in better quality, sorry for bad quality from the previous message.
    https://streamable.com/kc2us0 (it expires in 2 days so it needs to be looked quickly)

So what happened is after clicking, my archive page appeared, everything perfect, also the attribute for brands (značka was in my main shop page) so here its for there and its also fully ajax.

Do you have any functionalities options that I could try to do this like this? Or where I can find the code of product archive ajax so I can try to customize by code?

I hope this was better explanation and more clean. If anything, feel free to ask me again!

Thank you again for the other problems to be solved.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for the clarifications.

Sorry to say that, but only in such a way the filters work in our theme, and it is unfortunately not possible to add or edit the code.

I do hope you would remain as our valued customer and thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

abrahampark2000
    Participant

Can I ask you why it wouldn’t be possible since I am using the child theme? Like to learn more deeply why it would cause issues? I already can code I just need to find the code where the functionalitites are happening. Probably just edit it then on my child theme.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The thing is that the code you want to change is not related to our theme and it’s not possible to rewrite it via the child theme. Those code come from third-party library.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, I’d love to help!

Kind Regards

abrahampark2000
    Participant

Ok I found a way how to solve it. I just used main widget area and assinged the widgets to certain categories. it worked. I think that for ther future you should enable options for widget areas to be created by that. So I used for main product archive layout shop widget area and then main page area

I also have one feedback about different thing and that is responsiveness and hwo its reacting.
    For the shop filter after I shrink it for mobile layout and return back, the sidebar disappear. Here´s video.
    https://streamable.com/mzxp45

Also on this video sometimes there´s bug with sizing page. When you look at heading title with background images, there´s unwanted space after shrinking. After returning its normal. So this means there must have to be some margin or something like that. Do you think this two issues can be fixed?

Otherwise I really apreciate this theme! For clients they are happy.

Thank you.

Younghee.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

This problem is caused by the fact that the “off-canvas sidebar” for the column with widgets is enabled in the layout settings, so it hides in the sidebar on mobile devices. But no one will ever notice the problem of its absence on the desktop, because no one will switch between the desktop and mobile devices without reloading the page.

Kind Regards

abrahampark2000
    Participant

I understand, its just feedback and this is just detail, nothing very serious, but if you could fix that for the future, in my honest opinion, you could gain more clients!

Anyway thank you for the help, now everything should work!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, thank you very much for the feedback! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Customizations and advice needed – Shop Filter, Compare Icon bug, Translate. etc’ is closed to new replies.