Home Forums WoodMart support forum Different Homepage for mobile

Different Homepage for mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

captain53
    Participant

Hi, i want to redirect visitors to different homepages seperated by devices…

What should i do ?

Thanks.

Hello,

The home page is set in Dashboard Settings by WordPress regardless of the theme, that is why our theme cannot have any options to set different pages for different devices.

There is way out, however, it is a bit complicated. You create, for example, three rows with mobile content, tablet content and desktop content, then you configure the columns to be hidden accordingly https://wpbakery.com/video-academy/control-elements-different-devices-responsive-column-controls/

As a result, you have one page, but the content will be shown depending on the device. The big disadvantage is that it may be confusing to detect which row is for this or that device when you have a lot of rows on the page. In order to make it clear, try to consider arranging the content in sections. One section, for example, is for mobile and all the columns in all the rows are hidden for desktop and tablet. You can assign the ID to the section to see which one is for mobile.

Best Regards

captain53
    Participant

it might be possible if i create a new page and use wp_mobile function? e.g. wp_mobile is realize that the connection come from mobile devices and redirect the connection to defined page as a mobile homepage?

how it could be possible? i just heard wp_mobile and dont have a huge coding background

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t have an instruction for this. This function is not developed for such purposes and only for some small parts of the page. In addition to this, it will not work with caching plugins so we don’t suggest you to use it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)