Home Forums WoodMart support forum Different shop layout for different categories

Different shop layout for different categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

RichardTRC
    Participant

Hi,

I have a category “Events”, which I would like to display differently to the “Products”.

I would like products to display as they are, as grid layout,
    but I would like events category to display as the list layout.

Are you able to provide a little snippet to accomplish this?

Many thanks.

RichardTRC
    Participant

To clarify and illustrate better please see attached image.

Underlined Red = Force this (list view) to be used for Events category
    Underlined Green = Hide List option and make these the only options available for product category

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to make different layouts for different categories, the product category page inherits the shop page.

Product categories and Posts (events) categories may have different layouts.

You can show the categories by means of the Promo banner and create any layout from rows and columns.
    If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Hello,

The recent theme version allows you to set different layouts for different categories as well.
    You can find the instruction here: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/theme-settings-presets/

You need to create a preset for each category, chose “Term ID – apply settings for special terms like tags or categories.” and configure the product grid layout in the Theme Settings > Shop > Product grid.

Best Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Thats awesome, thanks! Although is there any way to have it apply to subcats?

Set rule by term ID Events and it reverts to grid for subcats of Events.

Hello,

When you create a preset for the category, there is no difference if this category or sub-category, you can implement that by Term ID.

Best Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Thanks, but what I would like to do is include all sub categories when selecting by Term ID. I have over 1000 subcategories and manually entering each of them will take a lot of time, and open up too much room for human error.

Hello,

You can set the styles for the product categories, however, if you have so many sub-categories it would not be possible to detect the styles for sub-categories separately.

Best Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

No worries, we will add them individually 🙂 Many thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)