Home Forums WoodMart support forum Reviews not showing on categories pages

Reviews not showing on categories pages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jeff44
    Participant

Hello,

I notice a problem that I didn’t have before on the product category pages. Reviews are not visible.

You should know that I do not use a layout for archives. Only theme options.

Reviews are enabled in Woocommerce settings.

I use the Guaranteed Reviews Company tool for reviews but have never had a problem. The tool is compatible.
    I tested all the product hovers but nothing changes. I checked all the theme options but can’t find anything.

Can you help me ?
    Regards,
    Jeff

Hello,

Please deactivate all the 3rd party plugins and activate only theme-required plugins on the site and then check the issue. I am sure your issue will be solved. Then Activate the 3rd party plugins one by one and check which plugin is creating the issue for you.

Otherwise, if the issue still exists then keep the 3rd party plugins deactivated and share the wp logins details so i will check and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

jeff44
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, I have already disabled third-party plugins but that’s not where it comes from. I haven’t added any new plugins to the site.

I’ll leave you more information privately.
    Regards,
    Jeff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Now check back on your site and check the issue.

Best Regards.

jeff44
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your support.
    Would it be possible to tell me what was causing the problem?

Regards,

Hello,

It was an issue with your child theme. I have activated the parent theme on your site and it is working fine.

Best Regards.

jeff44
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for your help.

Knowing that I lost the modifications made to the chilld theme in the functions.php, I wanted to put back a code that you mentioned on your forum, to put the out of stock products at the bottom of the pages.

add_filter('posts_clauses', 'order_by_stock_status');
    function order_by_stock_status($posts_clauses) {
        global $wpdb;
        // only change query on WooCommerce loops
        if (is_woocommerce() && (is_shop() || is_product_category() || is_product_tag() || is_product_taxonomy())) {
            $posts_clauses['join'] .= " INNER JOIN $wpdb->postmeta istockstatus ON ($wpdb->posts.ID = istockstatus.post_id) ";
            $posts_clauses['orderby'] = " istockstatus.meta_value ASC, " . $posts_clauses['orderby'];
            $posts_clauses['where'] = " AND istockstatus.meta_key = '_stock_status' AND istockstatus.meta_value <> '' " . $posts_clauses['where'];
        }
        return $posts_clauses;
    }

And I realize that it is this code that hides the customer reviews on the category pages.

For my store, it is almost essential that I can move out of stock products to the end of the page. Can you inspect the code and tell me if there is a solution to prevent this from breaking product grid reviews?

Regards,
    Jeff

Hello,

As we can see, you have problems with extra code customizations made by you. Sorry, but fixing such problems is out of our theme support scope.

Best Regards.

jeff44
    Participant

Hello,

The code come from your team… https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/hide-out-of-stock-products-or-move-them-at-the-end/

I’m not a coder so unable to create codes.
    Regards,
    Jeff

Hello,

The problem is caused by the customization in your child’s theme. Our support does not cover fixing the customization.

The star ratings are displayed correctly with the parent theme.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

jeff44
    Participant

Good morning,

We are talking about the parent theme here. If we add this code in the parent theme, it blocks reviews. I never mentioned the child theme in my last few posts. You told me that it was the one that caused the problem so I never re-activated it.

Regards,
    Jeff

Hello,

Please remove the code and try to use this plugin for this purpose:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-out-of-stock-last/

Best Regards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)